Author Topic: Genos midi styles and multipads Extraction  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Jeff Hollande

Genos midi styles and multipads Extraction
« on: October 18, 2017, 10:31:28 PM »
Hi Guys,

Do you know how to extract the Genos midi styles and midi multipads ?

Due to the touchscreen the extraction process will be different than ever before, I guess ?

Plse advise. Many thanks.😄

Jeff
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:32:58 PM by Jeff Hollande »
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline ugawoga

Re: Genos midi styles and multipads Extraction
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 02:21:56 AM »
Hi jeff

I expect Mike Bedeseem will uprate or make Padmaker and Midi pad maker compatible with Genos

If taking out a pad to save on to a usb or hard drive, I expect a link on the touchscreen will guide you to SAVE ,OK and choose USB.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:24:12 AM by ugawoga »

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 03:51:37 AM »
Thank you John.😄

Are there any extracting instructions to be found in the manual ?

Plse advise. Thanks, Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 07:14:35 AM »
Hi Jeff,
  I don't think you will find Genos styles will work on other keyboards because they now use Revo drum kits and a lot of the new voices to. Multi pads will also use new voices. It would be a shame not to hear them as intended.

Offline valio7771

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 03:30:55 AM »
Hi Eileen,

Yes, but the MIDI content will be there, and you can change the drums and the sounds with what you have onboard, which to me is what matters. I suppose MEGA sounds will work the same way in terms of dynamic triggering. As for the drums, I guess that REVO drums may have more dynamic layers, but the sonic result on Tyros 5 still would be pretty good with some minor tweaking.

I would love to try some of the new styles from Genos in my Tyros 5, even just for gag.

Cheers

Offline Bill

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 03:39:06 AM »
The filing structure is similar to the S970 keyboard.  I suspect that Preset and Expansion Files will become more difficult to share.

Bill

England

GENOS

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 04:37:23 AM »
Hi

If the style format SFF2 is unchanged the Genos styles will work... technically...

But as always... if a "new" style defines voices not present in the "old" keyboard, you will have to revoice...

Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:23 AM »
It looks like it seems not to be so easy to extract the Genos midi styles and multipads.

Yesterday I have been told each Genos midi style or multipad must be copied and saved separately, one by one.

Due to the touch screen, maybe ?

Jeff
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:13:03 AM by Jeff Hollande »
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 06:29:07 AM »
As we know Yamaha have never really been in favour of the styles from one keyboard being used in a different one because nine times out of ten it dose not sound its best. This would especially be the case with Genos styles and multi pads.

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 07:06:41 AM »
If one does not try,  one will never know how these styles and multipads will sound in other Yami keyboards.

IMHO voice replacements will/might be necessary and the sound will be different but hopefully acceptable ...who knows.🙉

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

The following users thanked this post: garymoore

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 08:01:50 AM »
If one does not try,  one will never know how these styles and multipads will sound in other Yami keyboards.

;)
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 04:40:40 PM »
That is the point. They have been made for Genos to suit the new system. The best way to hear them is to save your pennies and buy one like many of us are doing.

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 05:22:53 AM »
As we know Yamaha have never really been in favour of the styles from one keyboard being used in a different one because nine times out of ten it dose not sound its best. This would especially be the case with Genos styles and multi pads.

Nonsense, have a look at their premium styles and expansion packs. They switch styles from one keyboard to another all the time Eileen. Putting expansion styles from pretty expensive packs in their premium styles collection or in preset styles of newer model  keyboards.

A very good example of that is that some of the T4 premium styles I bought were simply by Yamaha downgraded T5 styles like DjangoSwing. When you buy it (and I did amongst many others btw) as a T4 style you will notice while loading it on your T4 that there is a "converting error" in the left hand voice. You get a missing voice there which turns out to be a SuitcaseSoft ( that voice is present on the T5 but not T4. I bought more of those "downgraded" T5 styles that were sold to me as T4 versions with missing voices in them. They did reimburse me but the styles are still there as T4 with the same missing voice(s) but that is beside my point.

My point is: Why shouldn't we have fun with down- or upgrading (Yamaha) styles (from Genos, T5 a, CVP's et cetera when Yamaha does it all the time? If they are not amused by the fact that people convert/modify them because err they will not sound that great like you say (which I doubt seriously) they perhaps should have done a better job protecting them like they did with the T5 audio styles (Oh wait they just converted them from T5 to Genos ;) )

I am glad that the majority of people who bought a Genos like their new keyboard, voices and styles and so on. I simply can't afford one at this time and I don't know if I would buy one if I could (leaning towards a CVP in a few years as a possible successor). I will sit my time out for now and enjoy my "old" keyboard as much as possible. For me (and quite a few others on this forum) a part of that "enjoying" is tweaking styles from other/newer/unaffordable keyboards. Sometimes successful and yes, sometimes a waste of time but nevertheless time that I perhaps otherwise would have felt bored.

kind regards,
Peter 8)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:27:50 AM by XeeniX »

-----
There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
-----

The following users thanked this post: Jørgen, garymoore