Author Topic: Speakers & FC4 pedal  (Read 656 times)

Offline Del 123

Speakers & FC4 pedal
« on: October 15, 2017, 01:28:58 PM »

Hi all,

I do have a few questions, I suspect the answers are obvious to most of you guys on here but I would welcome your feedback.

Yesterday I put down a deposit for the new Genos and the GNS MS01 speaker set (speaker set thrown in the mix too) after arranging part exchange of my Tyros 5 76 (will be sorry to see it go!) I actually had a really good deal/package from my local music shop.

These are my questions:

I own a pair of HS5 monitors plus an HS8s woofer. I intend to carry on using this set up (home use only) but..Can I use the Genos speaker set with the HS5ís simultaneously? I thought the sound would probably be even richer!

I have an existing FC4 sustain pedal, I noticed on the website that the FC4a is mentioned regularly. Do I need the latter for the new Genos or will the FC4 work okay?

I have downloaded the user manual for the Genos (bedtime reading!)Do any of you have an indication when the reference manual mayl become available?

Burning question: I will need to transfer my registrations, songs, voices, styles etc over to the Genos. Is there any information on the forum site to show how to do this and take me through the process? If not, could information be made available?? ::)  I  have a rough idea using a memory stick but I didnít want to mess anything up! I have no such problem with my premium packs due to the new YEM update in November.

Regards
Darren

Tyros 5 & HS5ís/HS8s Sub

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Speakers & FC4 pedal
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 03:40:30 PM »
I think youíll find that everything will transfer over. If your stuff works on a usb stick now, they will work on the Genos. And I expect your hardware will work without modification.

But none of us know for sure until we get our hands on one.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Del 123

Offline Lloyd E

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 09:42:31 AM »
Your question about using you regular speakers and having the Genos speakers sound at the same time did not get answered.
I have the same question: Can you run both at the same time? I would think you could because the Genos speakers connect
with their own wired hookup. I hope this is true. Yamaha could perhaps answer this question.  Lloyd
Music is the way to go

Offline DavidB

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 09:45:37 AM »
Your question about using you regular speakers and having the Genos speakers sound at the same time did not get answered.
I have the same question: Can you run both at the same time? I would think you could because the Genos speakers connect
with their own wired hookup. I hope this is true. Yamaha could perhaps answer this question.  Lloyd

To the best of my knowledge using the line outs as you would for 'other' speakers would have no effect on the internal amplification driving the Genos speakers and sub woofer. So the answer is I believe, yes you can run both.
Just don't mention Genos USB drive letter assignments :)

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 09:49:19 AM »
Yes you can. There are several outputs on the Genos, including a line output, which can be used for any powered speaker system.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline DavidB

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 09:53:00 AM »
I have an existing FC4 sustain pedal, I noticed on the website that the FC4a is mentioned regularly. Do I need the latter for the new Genos or will the FC4 work okay?

The FC4 is simply the earlier version of the FC4A. I don't believe there are any electronic differences and I imagine the FC4 should work fine on a Genos. The FC4A was made to improve the stability of the pedal under foot.

The attached picture shows the FC3, FC4 and FC4A left to right.

Hope that helps,

Just don't mention Genos USB drive letter assignments :)

Offline voodoo

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 11:35:46 AM »
Yes, Genos will work with any switch pedal of any make, positive or negative polarity. The software has been so flexible since a long time.
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Del 123

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 12:20:03 PM »

Thank you all for clearing up a few queries I had ;)
Tyros 5 & HS5ís/HS8s Sub

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 03:50:57 PM »
There is one thing to consider. While it will work with any polarity, keep in mind that the keyboard has a common ground, therefore, if the pedals are connected together physically, the the case of the two or three pedals is a common ground, you cannot reverse the polarity of one because it will conflict with the other two. I discovered this when a friend had a Tyros2 with a pair of pedals that he locked together physically. The pedals were made of burnished aluminum and had a common ground on the frame of the pedal. When he reversed the polarity on one, the conflict made it so no pedals, including his volume pedal, would function. When I separated them physically, everything worked fine.

This is not just a Yamaha problem - many keyboards have the same, ground configuration.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...