Author Topic: GENOS STYLES FOR PURCHASE  (Read 1490 times)

Offline jgriffin

GENOS STYLES FOR PURCHASE
« on: October 14, 2017, 09:18:29 AM »
Just noticed this on the Yamaha Music Soft site:  GENOS style files for purchase.  Here is the link:

https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/songs/style-files?instrument_id=9408&utm_campaign=B2C13180&utm_content=button_promo&utm_medium=email&utm_source=B2C
Janet
PSR Performer page
GENOS, Yamaha Baby Grand, (2) Motif ES8, Tyos 2, (2) Tyros 3, Tyros 5-76, DGX-650 & 660, Yamaha P140, StagePas 300 & 600, (2) Bose Compact, Yamaha

Offline EileenL

Re: GENOS STYLES FOR PURCHASE
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 09:42:21 AM »
No Styles there at present.

Offline hammer

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 10:30:31 AM »
Wow! what a bunch of nonsense.  At the price of this keyboard why on earth would owners need to buy styles???   Besides, did you see the Genre of the offerings?

I am very proud to say I have NEVER been sucked into this game by Yamaha with any of my Yamaha keyboards.

Deane
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:01:28 PM by hammer »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 10:40:07 AM »
It is easy to make styles

Why bother with Yamaha ones as they are basic anyway

Offline Bachus

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 11:11:14 AM »
Wow! what a bunch of "BS".  At the price of this keyboard why on earth would owners need to buy styles???   Besides, did you see the Genre of the offerings?

I am very proud to say I have NEVER been sucked into this game by Yamaha with any of my Yamaha keyboards.

Deane

The answer to that question is simple..

Because most owners are prepared to pay for new content..
Keyszone.boards.net for all the latest keyboard news and information.

Offline ash1

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 11:59:09 AM »
hi hammer what does  BS  :)

Offline hammer

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 12:01:58 PM »
Ash1,
think silly or nonsense.

Deane

Offline ash1

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 12:05:36 PM »
 :)

Offline Marcus

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 12:26:25 PM »
I can understand that with a brand new arranger filled with brand new or reworked styles, one would not be short on new styles, but I for one am always looking for new styles or style parts to use. I don't buy just for the sake of having new styles, but I pick up a few during the year, mostly during the 20% off sales.

You have the most advanced arranger in the world with brand new Revo! Drums/SFX,  Ensemble, Super Articulation!, Super Articulation2!, MegaVoice, Sweet!, Cool!, and Live voices. Yamaha's style programming is second to none, why would one not be inclined to purchase future great Genos styles, especially with all the new OTS voices and DSP insertions?

I cannot program my own styles, just custom style parts as necessary. Reassembly and editing in Style Creator or in other programs is the way to go. The more top quality resources (new styles) I have, the better. We as users do not have full access to Yamaha's style programming. While I cannot fully access all the Yamaha's style programming attributes, I can still access and edit some of the style's sub-channels, hidden within Style Creator, in some of the external software programs.

Even if I had all the proper software to create a quality Genos style, for the work and knowledge required, I would leave it for the pros. Having said that, one can still create a nice style from scratch from within Style Creator or edit one to choice, but simply could never reach the full potential or sophistication of the professional purchased versions.

Love Yammy styles, Marcus
Gear: Triangle

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 03:19:39 PM »
Cheers & Happy Playing.  :)
GJ

Offline DavidB

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 02:35:01 AM »
No Styles there at present.

If you list the files and select Genos as your instrument there's loads of files listed now. I'm not sure though that these have in any way been made for Genos and are not just T5 or similar styles now listed as suitable for Genos.
Just don't mention Genos USB drive letter assignments :)

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 05:00:08 AM »
....... I'm not sure though that these have in any way been made for Genos and are not just T5 or similar styles now listed as suitable for Genos.

So far I think it's only that the styles are mostly T5 stuff and compatible to Genos.
Cheers & Happy Playing.  :)
GJ

Offline soryt

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 08:36:18 AM »
Mostly i play with songstyles i bought by Yamaha and D.O.O. . the best way to play covers the original way .
So i am the "idiot" :o

Soryt  :)
Plays Tyros 5 & Nord electro 5
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr2s4KsgEvNsa70f-LTmTCw?view_as=subscriber

Offline valimaties

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 11:45:39 PM »
Wow! what a bunch of nonsense.  At the price of this keyboard why on earth would owners need to buy styles???   Besides, did you see the Genre of the offerings?

Deane

"...why on earth would owners need to buy styles" because are a lot of users that are ONLY players. They don't know how to create a style. Nor even interest about making styles, opening style creator or at least making a basic style. I don't even speak about making a complex style, using CASM, writing for example CHD1 for 3 types of chords (Major, minor and dim ) on 3 different channels.
Why losing time when can buy?!  ;D