Author Topic: Yamaha MusicSoft- MIDI files  (Read 536 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

Yamaha MusicSoft- MIDI files
« on: October 06, 2017, 12:06:35 PM »
I have purchased many MIDI songs from Yamaha MSoft and they are of excellent quality.
I have close to 70 of them. BUT some of my purchased style files are not appearing under Styles under the USB tab.

This problem has been solved by switching from Safari to Firefox for the downloads.

But please look at my last post below for more about MIDI Song mode.
Thanks
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:28:42 PM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline Joe W

Re: Yamaha MusicSoft- MIDI sty not showing up
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 02:07:55 PM »
I have not purchased midi or style files from MusicSoft so I am not familiar with the format. Sinc you can see the files on your Mac, what is the actual filename as shown on the Mac?  I don't understand why "midi" would appear in the name of a style file.  If there are "style" files within a folder, then they should be visible if one is looking at that folder contents through a "STYLE" screen on the keyboard. 
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 02:17:47 PM »
Hi Joe

Well, I decided to call Yamaha MusicSoft

the first solution was to remove the .midi from the file name. But I had already treid that
solution to no avail.

Then tech person suggested switching to Chrome or Firefox. That seemed to quickly correct
the name of the file issue and voila  I have my new styles now.

Thank you kindly

I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 12:05:38 PM »
I solved the download problem with Firefox, however a few more problems emerged.

Does anyone in this community use MIDI files?
The Yamaha music soft site, has some convincing representations of the original recordings.
Eg I bought Aja from Steely Dan , and I am surprised at the detail Yamaha artists recreated that amazing song.

I see some glitches though in a few Yamaha MIDI songs..
If anyone has expereince with MIDI modification with the Tyros, please let me know.

As an alternative to using Tyros in the main way it was designed, one can load a MIDI song, and play along.
Little by little, one can learn the parts that the MIDI song plays for you.
I think it is a great way to learn music, and learn specific songs.

Anyway, I would like to hear from those of you who have this kind of knowledge with MIDI and Tyros.   I have a T4.
Thank you

Offline Toril S

Re: Yamaha MusicSoft- MIDI files
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 12:58:13 PM »
Hello Sugarplumsss! I have no experience with Tyros, but what you said abaot playing MIDI songs on the keyboard and playing along, that is a method I use every day! I play by ear, and this is an excellent way to learn! Hope you find out why the file names will not show!
Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

http://psrtutorial.com/perf/torilSusegg.html

Offline sugarplumsss

Re: Yamaha MusicSoft- MIDI files
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 01:22:20 PM »
Yes indeed, MIDI is a smart way to learn about music, and also to use on stage.
Even top bands use tracks now.
As a full time musician, I typically carried a pre judgement against MIDI on Stage.
But when the budgets for bands continued to drop, I started thinking about drum machines ..
Then I discovered the excellent and versatile "drum machine" within Tyros.
For me, as a player first, the auto accompaniment did not attract.
So for a while now, I was thinking I have to learn how to create my own drum tracks to play along with. Then more recently a drummer suggested, why not just buy MIDI songs!

Ever since I bought a large group of pop only ( I can just play the pre 1970's music myself ) MIDI songs, ( Yamaha music soft ) I have had my whole world view turned on its head. The possibilities for live performance are spinning around in my mind.
These tracks ae quite good, similar quality to the intros on our Tyros; but for the full length of a the whole song.
Naturally I want to be able to modify the parts and length of these songs.
But my drum headaches have been greatly reduced by investing in higher quality MIDI songs.

One member here suggested that Cubase is related to Yamaha and is best suited as a DAW for me with a Mac and a Tyros.
Any other members who wish to help me with learning ins and outs of MIDI songs, please check in.
Thanks
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:27:19 PM by sugarplumsss »