Author Topic: Forum "How to section"  (Read 450 times)

Online alans

Forum "How to section"
« on: October 06, 2017, 10:20:06 AM »
Just an observation and not a criticism!

Whilst still fairly new to the forum I'm still exploring various excellent sections.
One thing I thought rather confusing and can I say ,misleading, is the section
 "Forum How To...
Questions and Hints on how to do various things in using and navigating the forum boards and messages."

It appears to me as a general "how to do things on various keyboards"

Why could not all these requests for help be restricted to the sections allocated for that purpose.Every keyboard has its own section so this should be easy enough for members.And easier to find for members looking for answers.

Many helpful things can be easily missed by not looking in this section

Regards

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000 and Tyros5

Online alans

Re: Forum "How to section"
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 11:39:32 AM »
Thanks mbriggs,pleased it's not just me 😆😆

The last thing I want do is have a moan about something,there is a lot of helpful stuff in that section which I ordinarily would not look at.
I think a gentle reminder would do the trick,but that is for someone else to decide.

Alan

😀😁
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000 and Tyros5

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 04:45:20 AM »
Hi Alan

Our forum actually has a complete  "How to" guide now found here:

http://psrtutorial.com/lessons/start/index.html

Always check this section out first. If you can't find what you need there, simply ask your question here and one of the members will help you with a response or post you a link to the "How To" section with the solution.

All of the Yamaha keyboards work the same way for the most part. ;D

You have a T5, so every thing will work as explained in the "How To" pages.

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 04:48:53 AM by DrakeM »

Online alans

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 05:34:14 AM »
Thankyou Drake for the response

My original post was really just to suggest that members use the appropriate section for queries regarding particular models of keyboard ,in order that poeple would then go to a certain section for possible answers.

Regards

Alan

Online Joe W

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 02:04:27 PM »
Alan, as you suggest, this Forum How To section is really about how to use and navigate this forum software.  Questions about how to use a particular keyboard or a general feature on all keyboards are really meant to go in the particular board that covers that area.  Users may not always post their questions on the right board, but moderators do have the ability to move topics to the right place if needed.  I'm doing some of that very housekeeping today!
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: alans