Author Topic: PSR-EW400 Styles not working  (Read 466 times)

Offline tccarson

PSR-EW400 Styles not working
« on: September 30, 2017, 10:08:12 PM »
Just got a new PSR EW400 and am still navigating. On second day styles 200 to 220 stopped working. I can still see the arrow moving through the progression, but no sound. Only Tracks 2 & 3 can be toggled on and off, but to no effect. I've tried factory reset, with no change. I've checked the volumes in function mode, and they are up. All other styles work. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience, and hopefully a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline SeaGtGruff

Re: PSR-EW400 Styles not working
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 10:23:34 PM »
Did you buy it at a local store, or from an online dealer? If it's essentially brand new, it might be best to take it back to the dealer to be repaired or replaced while it's under warranty.
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 10:34:38 PM »
Styles between 208-220 are Piano rhythmic arpeggio progressions, which won't be played without Accomp ON and fingering chords simultaneously, check back if it works that way. Or reboot your instrument, and try again.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 10:40:21 PM by AnupamEnosh »
Anupam
PSR-E453

Offline tccarson

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 10:50:33 AM »
Thank you all for your help.  It turns out it was the Accomp after all.  I guess that when I desperately tried everything I could think of I didn't use the lower registry on the keyboard when trying a few chords.  I kind of startled myself when I played a chord and all of a sudden this backup musician took over! This is a big improvement from my CP 30 from years ago. I bought the EW400 mainly for backup when practicing my tenor sax, but I'm like a kid with a new toy now.
Thanks again.