Author Topic: Tyros 5 Style Making Help  (Read 454 times)

Offline buzby4

Tyros 5 Style Making Help
« on: September 29, 2017, 06:31:04 AM »
Hi all,

First post, hopefully many more to come as the site has been a great help already, and who knows, maybe i can give something back to the community at some point!

I bought myself a Tyros 5 a couple of months back for a little home entertainment after being completely impressed by the sound quality. Anyhow, i have started making my own song styles but have hit a few minor problems that maybe someone here can help with. Well not so much problems, just things that i would expect such an intelligent machine to have a handle on.

1st - Is there a way to add a fade out to a style ending so that it is saved in the songstyle?

2nd - Is it possible to move the entire style part you are working on forward or backward, say for example you missed something and wanted to add it without starting from scratch?

3rd - When creating a style part and you need to add more drum parts or other things, i have found if i make a mistake i have to delete the entire track and start over. Is there a way to just undo the last bit you added?

I have tons more questions and a thousand things to learn, but none the less I'm really getting to enjoy the style making and although I'm not a pro keyboard player the Tyros is providing loads of fun.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Offline Misu

Re: Tyros 5 Style Making Help
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 06:54:19 AM »
Hi,

I have not T5 but: for 1&2 and many others, you must to start learn to use, free software Mix Master.
For 3 I recommend you Save As after each step.

Enjoy your new keyboard.
Mihai

Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 07:36:06 AM »
Hi,

I have not T5 but: for 1&2 and many others, you must to start learn to use, free software Mix Master.
For 3 I recommend you Save As after each step.

Enjoy your new keyboard.
Mihai

You will find Mix Master Here  http://www.psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html

Regards
Matrix

Offline buzby4

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 11:55:58 AM »
Many thanks for your input Misu & Matrix. I will have a look at the software.
Does this mean there is no way to make a fade out to a style ending on the keyboard itself?

Offline Misu

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 01:01:06 PM »
Hi, Buzby,

Style creator is a good tool, unfortunately some times not good enough,
I frequently use Mix Master for Fade In-Out, to go down or up one track one octave, to have crescendo of tempo, to edit parts or notes.
Thanks to Michael Bedesem fortunately we have, it and it is free.

Regards
Mihai