Author Topic: Help needed programming voice memory on PSR E 453  (Read 426 times)

Offline Barrie Marfleet

Help needed programming voice memory on PSR E 453
« on: September 21, 2017, 12:31:02 PM »
Hello: I bought this E453 6 months ago and am having trouble programming voices to work properly with the four "registration memory" keys. (see pg 34 of the owners manual).  I did program in 4 different voices, but when i press button 2-3-0r 4 the style changes too.  Button 1 seems okay. So for example; if my chosen style is bossa nova and my voice is piano; if i want to change voice to sax (button 2) the style changes to Swing.
I have called Yamaha customer service (no help) and my local music store (even less help). This answer may already be in your forum, but it is too big for me to navigate.  Your help appreciated.

I'm in Ottawa Canada. Any super users up here?

Thanks

Barrie

Offline SeaGtGruff

Re: Help needed programming voice memory on PSR E 453
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 02:33:24 PM »
If you save Registrations 1, 2, 3, and 4 while the Style button is lit, you must be sure that you've saved them all with the same Style Number selected, otherwise when you recall them the Style Number will be recalled along with the other keyboard settings.

On the other hand, if you do not want the currently-selected Style Number to change when a Registration is recalled, then press the Song button just before you save each Registration and the current Style Number should not be affected by recalling each Registration.
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline Barrie Marfleet

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 07:07:44 AM »
Hi Michael:  It worked!!  thank you.  i experimented and saw that the Style light stayed on sometimes and not the Song button. this was my problem.

I feel that i am not using all the horsepower that is available from this instrument. Any suggestions on places to read or videos for the simple minded?

Barrie

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 10:22:11 AM »
I don't know if there are any training videos specifically devoted to the PSR-E4xx models, or even the PSR-E line as a whole. If you search YouTube for some of the older PSR-E4xx model names, you might find a few "how to" videos from users.
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443