Author Topic: Tyros 2 and Yamaha Chord Tracker Apple App  (Read 677 times)

Online frozzers

Tyros 2 and Yamaha Chord Tracker Apple App
« on: September 21, 2017, 02:02:09 AM »
Hi everyone

First time poster, long time Tyros 2 user.

I've been trying to use Chord Tracker with my Tyros 2:

1. Plugged a Yamaha MD-BT01 into the MIDI A sockets on the Tyros and the red light shows on the MD-BT01.

2. Opened 'Settings' on Chord Tracker on my iPhone 7 and connected the MD-BT01. The MD-BT01 is shown as 'Connected' in my iPhone Bluetooth settings.

3. 'Instrument' in Chord Tracker shows 'No Connection'. When I select the 'Instrument' option, it brings up a white box headed 'Select Device'. The device shown is 'Yamaha Keyboard' but when I try to select it, the box disappears and 'Instrument' still shows 'No Connection'.

4. I can 'Send to instrument' an analysed song from my iPad, but the process fails on my iPhone.

I've come to the conclusion that the Tyros is not compatible with Chord Tracker. Although the Tyros 2 isn't shown on the compatible instruments on the Yamaha website (only the Tyros 5 is shown), web posts elsewhere suggests this is not a comprehensive list and, as above, there is definitely some connection being made, so my question is:

Has anyone successfully used Chord Tracker with a Tyros 2 (or 3 or 4 for that matter)? If so, can you give me any tips as to how I might get it to work?

Cheers

Chris
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:03:12 AM by frozzers »

Offline EileenL

Re: Tyros 2 and Yamaha Chord Tracker Apple App
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 02:17:26 AM »
Chord tracker is used with Tyros 5.

Online frozzers

Re: Tyros 2 and Yamaha Chord Tracker Apple App
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 12:25:34 AM »
Thanks Eileen.

As it happens, I'd e-mailed Yamaha Customer Support before posting and, earlier this week, they replied:

Unfortunetly, Chord Tracker app is not compatible with Tyros2.
so, Yamaha cannot gurantee Chord Tracker works with Tyros2.
Arranger Keyboard supporting Chord Tracker are PSR-S970, PSR-S770, and PSR-A3000.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Ah well ....

Curiously, they haven't mentioned the Tyros 5 but I assume this is an oversight as it's listed as compatible on the US site:

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/apps/chord_tracker/index.html

Chris