Author Topic: help  (Read 1001 times)

Offline seebird

help
« on: July 03, 2017, 07:06:43 PM »
Hello.Im new to sending any message on the web so please bare with me.I bought a psr 670 keyboard and dont seem to be able to make the chords loud unless the acmp is on.Any help would be appreciated.

Online alanclare

Re: help
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 11:26:18 PM »
seebird

You will find much support and wise advice on this forum. In the meantime, you may not have seen the excellent lessons available on the tutorial web site PSR/Tyros Lessons. These in conjunction with your instrument's User Manual make for a comprehensive introduction to the subject.

Best wishes, Alan
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:35:51 PM by alanclare »

The following users thanked this post: Taffinator

Offline seebird

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 08:53:39 PM »
Thank you Alan for the reply.I have just downloaded the Expansion pack but dont know how to open it.I ant to put the styles in a usb stick any ideas.Cheers Margaret :)

Online alanclare

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 03:02:46 AM »
Margaret

I'm not the best person to be asking this question, but I've trodden this path myself, so I'll try and lead you through the steps involved from downloading an Expansion Pack to having some styles, voices, multipads, etc stored in the user area of your keyboard.
The first step is to install the official Yamaha Expansion Manager:

https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/yem_win.html

This comes with a very useful (essential?) pdf which is the User Guide.

I think that's enough homework for you to be getting on with. Install the YEM and read the manual, then if necessary come back to me.

Alan
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:57:41 AM by alanclare »

Online alanclare

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 08:14:38 AM »
Margaret

Expansion packs are defined on page 46 of your User Manual and instructions on how to install them on page 22 of the Reference Manual.

If it's just styles that you want to add to your keyboard, look on the Tutorial Pages under "Style Collections" for guidance to where 1000's of them are available via the internet,

http://psrtutorial.com/sty/collections/index.html

or support the Tutorial by purchasing a memory stick loaded with them.

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

Alan

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 11:45:45 AM »
Thank you Alan for the reply.I have just downloaded the Expansion pack but dont know how to open it.I ant to put the styles in a usb stick any ideas.Cheers Margaret :)
You should install PPI (Expansion pack) on your S970.
Also, you can import PPF file of expansion in YEM software and make your own PPI pack.
It is better to read all the posts about S970.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 04:06:37 AM »
If you are importing a pack which has styles on it. Once loaded press the style button and on the User section you will see the pack folder. Just open it and you will see the styles. It is the same with registrations that may be included.