Author Topic: PSR S670 Registering Tones  (Read 420 times)

Offline Raja

PSR S670 Registering Tones
« on: September 18, 2017, 08:11:40 PM »
Hello Everyone
I am Raja, from Toronto, Canada.
Appreciate any help to save or register tones on the 8 buttons for quickly switching to different tones.
The S660 was a lot easier, by simply pressing the memory button and save any one of the 8 to save that particular tone.
But the S670 isn't the same.
Thanks,
Raja

Offline Fred Smith

Re: PSR S670 Registering Tones
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 08:58:20 PM »
Hello Everyone
I am Raja, from Toronto, Canada.
Appreciate any help to save or register tones on the 8 buttons for quickly switching to different tones.
The S660 was a lot easier, by simply pressing the memory button and save any one of the 8 to save that particular tone.
But the S670 isn't the same.
Thanks,
Raja

It should be exactly the same.

But I don't see a 660 manual online to be able to compare. Are you sure that's the model you had? And what do you find different about the process?

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 02:12:44 AM »
Hi Raja,

If you mean that a PSR-S650 (rather than S660  ???) was easier than the S670, then there are differences between these!

The main difference is that the parameters that were memorised in a registration on the S650 were predetermined and every one was included in each registration.

However the S670 uses the same system as all the current S series (and Tyros) which allows the user to specify to some extent which parameters are included in regs.

When you press the 'Memory' button the 'Registration Group Contents' display that opens contains a list of 'Memory Groups' that can be checked to include them when you actually make a reg.

The keyboard parameters (such as  Right1, Right2 & Left voices) are included in one or other of these 'Memory Groups' so to include a specific parameter in a reg., you must check the group that it is in before you actually commit the setup to one of the reg. buttons.

Whilst you can more or less guess which groups contain some parameters from their names, it is not always obvious!  For example, the voices or 'tones' for Right1 & 2 are included in the 'Voice' group, but the Left voice is in the 'Style' group.  So if you wanted to include the Right and Left voices in a reg., you would need to have both 'Voice' and 'Style' groups checked.

You can see which groups the various parameters are included in from the 'Parameter Chart' which starts on page 46 of the 'PSR-S670 Data List' which can be downloaded from the Support page of your local Yamaha website.

Once you have ensured that the groups that you want to include are checked, you just press the 1-8 registration memory button that you want to save the settings into.  The button's LED will turn red indicating that data has been saved to it and that it is currently selected.

Another difference from the S650 is that on the S670 each 'bank' of 8 regs. is saved as a separate file to User or to USB, and you should do this to save the bank for later recall.  There is only ever one bank loaded in the S670's working memory at any one time, but you can easily load a different bank any time you want from User or USB storage memory.  There are no restrictions of only 8 banks as on the S650.  You can save as many banks as you want on the S670.

You can read about making and saving registrations, starting on page 83 of the 'PSR-S670 Owner's Manual'.

Regards

Ian

Offline Raja

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 09:19:30 PM »
Much Appreciate it Ian
I'll try this out.
Thanks,
Raja