Author Topic: Counting days now!  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Toril S

Counting days now!
« on: September 05, 2017, 05:47:46 AM »
Hello :) Counting days now till Yamaha announces the new keyboard! Allthough this new keyboard most likely is a Tyros successor, it may be that they also release a new successor to the S970. This is just my hopes, but I remember that in 2003 they released PSR 2100, and already the next year - out came the PSR 3000, with USB, more styles and so on. So maybe... Maybe they do it again....It is two years since S970!
Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

http://psrtutorial.com/perf/torilSusegg.html

The following users thanked this post: whataguy

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Counting days now!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 05:54:24 AM »
I will be so happy when the new arranger is announced so we can start discussing its pros and cons rather than all the useless speculation.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: TwinTyros

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 06:09:16 AM »
This could be it!!!!

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 06:10:10 AM »
Maybe you have to wait another year or two before the S970 successor will be available.

I think Yamaha are focusing on the new high end arranger keyboard.
Priority #1 for the next 2 years, I guess.

The S970 is a commercial success, a great pro kb.

I believe it is not Yamaha's intention to shoot a winning horse too soon...but maybe I am wrong.🐸

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Constrictor

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 06:54:45 AM »
Maybe you have to wait another year or two before the S970 successor will be available.

I think Yamaha are focusing on the new high end arranger keyboard.
Priority #1 for the next 2 years, I guess.

The S970 is a commercial success, a great pro kb.

I believe it is not Yamaha's intention to shoot a winning horse too soon...but maybe I am wrong.🐸

Jeff

Jeff, hello.
Yamaha must counter the Korg with its recent PA700 and PA1000
Best regards
Franco

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 08:08:15 AM »
Hello all :) I just couldn't resist the useless speculation :) I shall suffer in silence hereafter :) :)
Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

http://psrtutorial.com/perf/torilSusegg.html

The following users thanked this post: TwinTyros

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 08:52:09 AM »
Hello Franco :

Do you believe Yamaha will come with an S970 successor so soon ?

I would be very surprised ... 😻

IMHO the S970 successor will be launched at the end of 2018, early 2019.

Jeff
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 08:54:52 AM by Jeff Hollande »
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline hammer

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 09:12:51 AM »
I think the timing of this new release is very complicated.  People thinking about a new keyboard have the Korg PA4X with the new OS release, the brand new Ketron SD9 Pro, and the Korg PA1000 to consider.  Seems to me these folks have beaten Yamaha to the market and those people waiting to see will want some very well defined specs and features with some really good videos which explain how things work and what is really new in order to make a good decision for themselves. 

Also of interest is what seems to be more interest by players to own more than one keboard and have some variety to their playing.

Time will tell.

Deane
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 09:15:04 AM by hammer »

Online EileenL

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 10:14:37 AM »
To me this is easy. Just sit down and play it and try some of the functions out and if I like it I will buy it.
I am sure it is going to be another winner.

Offline hammer

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 10:22:13 AM »
Eileen,
You are right except for one problem.  In the USA it is nearly impossible to find local stores that carry arranger keyboards.  It might take 2 months or more after the release for those who do to have one on display.  Most of the time we buy sight unseen with high hopes of wonderful results.  So far, that has worked with Yamaha.
Maybe this time the stores will have more interest in stocking them.

Deane

Offline Joe H

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 11:16:50 AM »
Eileen,
You are right except for one problem.  In the USA it is nearly impossible to find local stores that carry arranger keyboards.  It might take 2 months or more after the release for those who do to have one on display.  Most of the time we buy sight unseen with high hopes of wonderful results.  So far, that has worked with Yamaha.
Maybe this time the stores will have more interest in stocking them.

Deane

I think Deane is right about that.

Sadly... our local major music store where I bought my S910 and S970 (and many other MIDI instruments and gear)... and who was a dealer for Korg, Roland, Yamaha and many other major brands just closed its doors after 34 years in business.   

Reason... internet sales.  Unfortunately the owner focused so much on being a "local music store" (employing many profession musicians) who was also an official "Service Center" for some of these major brands including Yamaha... did not pursue the internet sales as he could have.

He started out with a 1500 square foot store and it grew into a 15,000 square foot store over the years.  I patronized the store for more than 25 years and will miss that place!

Now all we have is Guitar Center.   :'(  where sales people in the store know nothin' about nothin'.

:(

Joe H
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 08:44:25 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline billtracy

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 12:50:34 PM »
I once tried to sell an arranger on consignment at my local music store. The salesman didn't even know what it was.  :'(
Current: Korg PA900, KRK Rokit 5s & 8S sub.
Previously Owned: Yamaha PSR-740, Yamaha PSR-1100, Yamaha PSR-S750, Roland E-A7.

Online EileenL

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 12:52:46 PM »
Yes it is a sad fact that buying on the net is forcing some shops to close down because they can't compete with the prices.

Offline whataguy

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 02:02:34 PM »
The FUN (count down) begins. Let's make a rule that for as many things you find bad about it, and I am sure there will be some, you must find at least two things good. It is so lame to hear members bitch. Go to the other boards and tell them how bad Tyros is. I love it even though I haven't seen or heard it yet. Kinda like my third wife. If you have a T5 and hate it, I'll buy it and talk bad about you.  Negativity sucks.

Offline whataguy

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2017, 02:31:53 PM »
Hi Eileen, I have to disagree with your post as I sold Yamaha, Lowrey, and Baldwin keyboards for over 25 years and the small guy ain't gonna have any problemn except with their greed.The mark up on these instruments is truly outrageous and if they don't want to take a little less profit, too bad. Back in the last century my store's profit on an instrument was 40% of which I received 10%. In today's market the markup is off the charts, 100%.-200%-650%. Case in point the Lowrey Stardust was sold for $74, 000. I bought one for $4500.00. Another, My T5, there's still a guy on the net trying to sell it for $5999.00. I'll share my receipt for mine that mine that in 2014 that I paid $3745.00 plus tax, OTD. Nobody is going to go out of business if they make a fair profit on their stuff. Grocery stores work on a profit margin of 1-1/2 to 2%. These merchants making 100 to 700% should be put out if business. Also, I'd like to add, I helped over 15 people get the same deal. Let the truth be told.

Online EileenL

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2017, 02:54:17 PM »
Things are different here in the UK. Shops have a lot of expense and the rates are very high in a lot of places,
then they have the utilities to pay for plus staff wages. By selling on the net a lot of expense of running a shop is saved.

Offline Stubby

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 05:17:29 PM »
Hello all :) I just couldn't resist the useless speculation :) I shall suffer in silence hereafter :) :)

Toril, no need to suffer in silence -- I'll be counting with you!  I have no complaints with my T5 but I love almost all of the new stuff that comes down the pike, assuming that I can figure out how to use it!

Offline MBedesem

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 05:24:03 PM »
My music store, one of the few area music stores that carried the arranger series, supplied me starting with the PSR-2000 to the entire Tyros series.

They would somehow place my order so that I would receive the instrument in time for me to include the instrument specific capabilities in my programs in time for any early users need for conversion or editing.

The instrument never arrived before the announcement, but well in time to achieve the objective.

My store closed just a few weeks ago.

Regards,

Michael

Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline hammer

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 05:25:22 PM »
Another factor in the UK that Eileen has not mentioned is the 22% VAT which is a tax on everything sold in the UK.  So our UK friends pay more for keyboards then we do in the states.  Eileen can correct the amount if I have it wrong.

Deane

Online voodoo

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 11:57:50 PM »
Jeff, hello.
Yamaha must counter the Korg with its recent PA700 and PA1000
Best regards
Franco

I don't think that PA700/PA1000 are dangerous for the S970. From reading the announcement, I can find no reason why to change from S970 to PA1000. Did I miss something?
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 12:35:48 AM »
Hi Uli,

Never shoot a winning horse ! 😋

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN