Author Topic: TYROS4 BLACK EDITION. THE SOUNDS ARE NOT CLEAR COMPARED TO TYROS1  (Read 828 times)

Offline nicomedia

TYROS4 BLACK EDITION. THE SOUNDS ARE NOT CLEAR COMPARED TO TYROS1
« on: September 05, 2017, 03:53:31 AM »
Hi Everyone. İ purchased T4 Black edition last week (used). İ had Tyros1 . When compared the sounds T1 and T4 i found out that  T4 Sounds are not clear and not powerfull. (i set all the filters, eqo, CMP etc. but could not get the sounds what i wanted (especially drums). İ tried to use T1 speakers but result is same. What do you advice me.(Factory reset???)  Greetings from Turkiye.Burak

Offline EileenL

Re: TYROS4 BLACK EDITION. THE SOUNDS ARE NOT CLEAR COMPARED TO TYROS1
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 10:31:33 AM »
Have you tried loading some registrations from your Tyros 1 and see how they sound. Do you have the EQ set to MS04 and also remember there is also a volume nob at the back of the woofer as well as in front.

The following users thanked this post: nicomedia

Offline Bill

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 11:06:06 AM »
Following Eileen's advice - a couple of extra points.

With the Tyros 4 they introduced a new touch response curve, which many did not like when it first came out.  Try and play a few notes with a slightly hard hit than you normally would do.  You could then adjust the Touch Response setting.
Also make sure the modulation wheel is fully back.

Regards

Bill
England

GENOS

The following users thanked this post: nicomedia

Offline nicomedia

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 04:10:13 PM »
Thank you for yr. replies guys. Especially i am talking about the sound quality coming out from the speakers. CMP is "off" position now (i set it "on" position first but result was worse . Equilazer arranged. when i press the notes hardly i can see the sound level increasing 6 channels except 2 channels (the drums).   In Tyros 1, 8 channels  could response to hard press. This is another point.Is it related with SFF1 and SFF2 difference ? Furthermore, When i changed the drum voice from the mixing console channels the new drum voice is  grating on  the ear.  Anyway. i applied   all yr advices but as a result generally sound quality (coming out the speakers) is a bit worse than Tyros1 in my opinion. when i changed the style everythime i have to re-set the sound level of channels and  equilazer settings. At some forums i read that someone returned back the  T4 black edition because of sound quality.(when he compared black edition  to silver he said he confirmed the situation.  This is my fair.

Offline John K

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 12:42:03 AM »
Have you tried the sound through headphones? That may tell you if it's your speakers or the sound you are not happy with!

Regards

Offline nicomedia

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 03:53:34 AM »
Yes i did. My other question is:  Why drum channels sound levels (ch1 and ch2) are staying the same when i press the notes hard. Other ch3 to ch8 sound levels are increasing...

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 09:26:30 AM »
Yes i did. My other question is:  Why drum channels sound levels (ch1 and ch2) are staying the same when i press the notes hard. Other ch3 to ch8 sound levels are increasing...
You must be referring to the voices within Style accompaniment. By default (ie. Style Touch is off) they are not affected by how fast you hit the keys, whether in the right or left hand.
If you have opted for Style Touch to be on in the Function menus all the style accomp. voices including drums should rise and fall in volume depending on the VELOCITY with which you hit the keys in the left hand, which is not necessarily the same as how hard you press them. So make sure you hit them fast to carry out a proper test.
Note the voice volumes only change between a normal and a high state and are not continuously variable with velocity.
If it is difficult to hear whether the drum volumes are changing you should be able to see if Style Touch is attempting to work by observing the volumes flipping up and down as you vary velocity in the Style page of Mixing Console.
Also to get it to work properly you need to have the Initial Touch panel button on. If it is off, the high voice levels come on as soon as the first LH chord is played and they won't return to normal levels regardless of how softly you play in the LH.
It seems very few people use Style Touch, although I always have it on :)

John
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:05:41 AM by jwyvern »

Offline nicomedia

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 03:25:16 PM »
@jwyvern... Thank you for yr. reply. Appreciated...