Author Topic: Silence the keys  (Read 655 times)

Online Toril S

Silence the keys
« on: August 18, 2017, 10:35:46 AM »
Hello :) Is it possible to silence the keys while playing a song from the Song section on the PSR 2100? If not, can this be done on newer models? I want to do this when I practice. I get distracted when I press the keys while a song is playing, and the sound blends with the recorded song. Call me crazy, but i really would like to have such a function :)
Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Silence the keys
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 12:25:49 PM »
Can't you simply turn off the MAIN, LAYER and LEFT voices using their dedicated buttons (above the Music Finder) to the right of the display panel?

If you can't turn off all three at the same time then you could simply set their levels to zero using the BALANCE section of the MAIN screen.

Regards

Ian

Online Toril S

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 02:59:11 PM »
Thanks. Yes, that will work :)
Toril S

Online SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 03:12:48 PM »
Another thing that ought to work is to turn the "Local Control" setting to "Off." I think the MIDI song file should still play, but any keys you press on the keyboard should not trigger any sounds. "Local Control" is normally turned off only when you're using the keyboard as a controller for an external sound module, or if you're sending MIDI data to the keyboard to use it as a sound module and you don't want it to make a peep if you accidentally press a key.
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Online Toril S

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 03:30:40 PM »
Thanks! I will try that as well.
Toril S