Author Topic: Yet another newbie alert !  (Read 711 times)

Offline homerbronco

Yet another newbie alert !
« on: August 17, 2017, 12:52:00 PM »
Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join what appears to be a very broad, knowledgeable and accepting community. I am just a "hobbyist" player but as the years increase I feel the need to get a fair bit better at this hobby of mine! So today I have ordered a 770 [came close to the 970 but just could not justify the extra £££'s] which should be arriving tomorrow. I have just sold a MX49 synth which while fun, was not really helping the novice in me understand the basics and was just playing in the software, so that's why the change. I will never be a gigging performer like so many of you, it will only ever be for my own pleasure [?] and amusement, but hopefully you will bear with me with any novice questions I may have in the weeks and months ahead, and again, thanks for letting me join.

Steve.
Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them.

Offline billtracy

Re: Yet another newbie alert !
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 01:28:46 PM »
Very nice board you have there. Welcome and you will enjoy the forum I'm sure.
Current: Korg PA900, KRK Rokit 5s & 8S sub.
Previously Owned: Yamaha PSR-740, Yamaha PSR-1100, Yamaha PSR-S750, Roland E-A7.

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 01:33:18 PM »
Have a great time with your new keyboard.☺

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 01:36:29 PM »
Hi Steve. Welcome! I recently became a member, and has already learned so much! This is really both useful and a lot of fun! I am also just a hobby musician, but play a little in small societies. I have a PSR 2100, and it came out in 2003. Am about to order a PSR S970. Yes, it is expensive, but it is 14 years since I last perchased a keyboard, so I can do it with relatively good conscience :) Enjoy your new keyboard!
Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

http://psrtutorial.com/perf/torilSusegg.html

Online Roger Brenizer

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 06:57:30 PM »
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I'm so glad you enjoy music, because it's a very relaxing hobby.
 I know you'll be so excited when your new PSR-S770 arrives tomorrow, and I'm sure you're going to learn a great deal about your new keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

We're so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  There are many members here who are always willing and eager to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 06:07:27 AM »
Welcome to the Psr forums,

Great guys and gals here who will help you with simply anything. They're all fantastic.

Also congratulatoins on your new keyboard.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Tyros 5 - 61
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000 and others.

Offline homerbronco

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 07:52:13 PM »
Many thanks for the welcome everybody, it arrived safely and playtime is here :-) pretty impressed so far!
Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them.