Author Topic: T4 owner- suggestions for trading up to new T5  (Read 880 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

T4 owner- suggestions for trading up to new T5
« on: September 29, 2017, 07:34:49 AM »
I am close to decision to upgrade from T4 to T5. Genos seems to pricey.
What kind of prices are about average for selling t4 privately?

I seem to recall seeing a retailer, named Frank who is popular here.
If anyone wishes to PM me about prices I can anticipate for a new T5, that would be appreciated

One last gnawing question about the upgrade ( without benefit of playing a T5 )
Are there any features of T4 that I am losing on the T5?
I would appreciate any info that helps me be assured that the T5 is in every way a step up.
Thank you
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline ash1

Re: T4 owner- suggestions for trading up to new T5
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 09:03:17 AM »
hi sugarplums
the guys over at
http://www.pianos.co.UK///-5/
were offering a trade in from tyros 4 to tyros 5
that's how i got my tyros 5  the balance after trade in was 1400 to pay a really great deal with speakers and a great bundle thrown in
I'm not sure how much you would get for the tyros 4 in a private sale though
anyway best wishes i hope you can get a tyros 5 they really are great keyboards

and some very nice playing by this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGvHNpPIS2M
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 01:33:18 PM by ash1 »

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 01:22:36 PM »
Most kind of you to offer this chart. But I am kind of slow with spec charts!
I know when we update to the next iPhone or tyros or whatever it might be, we usually take 3 steps forward and 1 or 2 backward , for a net gain, undoubtedly. Still, knowing the details of what I lose when I switch to Tyros 5 would be helpful in my decision process.

As a Tyros 4 owner, what might I miss when I trade up to the Tyros 5?

Also, best prices for T5?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:19:08 PM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 02:53:32 PM »
You won't miss anything but you will have additions like Ensemble, Organ World, Quite a few new styles and voices. If you are going to use Yamaha voice packs you will need Flash memory and The Yamaha Expansion Memory programme downloaded onto your computer. This is now used for loading voices into Tyros 5 and is a much better system than before.

Offline ash1

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 03:35:39 PM »
hi sugarplumsss sorry about the chart
EileenL has kindly covered all the new features of the tyros 5
here is a video of the tyros 4 and the tyros 5 side by side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaaijjzD_aE
have a look on youtube read some reviews
the main thing is to take your time and try and find the best deal that you can that suits your needs and your budget
i myself had the tyros 4 and the guys over at tyros tipsters offered a nice trade up to the tyros 5
here is a link http://www.epianos.co.uk/
david and chris over at tyros tipsters are very nice guys and im sure will guide you in the right direction
and the good folks on the forum highly reccomend frank who is another good dealer

all the best good luck

ash1

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 03:41:38 PM by ash1 »

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 11:34:22 PM »
Oh my Lord.. no no.. you were very generous and supportive.. I appreciate it. Now Eileen and others are supporting T5 purchase. I will wait a bit longer to see if anyone dissents ; besides I have to sell T4 first,
But again, thank you very much for that chart

Offline ash1

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 02:45:07 AM »
your very welcome  :)

Offline chesterkins

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 07:30:24 AM »
Hi Sugarplum
I have just traded up
You will get around 1600 for your T4 if you include your speakers
You lose nothing unless like me you are having problems in transferring the memory board, but I am sure i will work that out
The main benefit in my opinion is the sound quality
there also lots of other new things like audio styles , Ensemble, Organ world, and variable DSP which is great on the guitars
to be honest I would not have bought one brand new  but with GENOS coming out there are good deals around
I am at the line now because i only like like 61 key version and with GENOS  being 76 it seems there will not be another 61 keyboard

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 07:42:16 AM »
Are we Talking flash memory board. As you probably know you now have to use The Yamaha Expansion Memory programme on your computer to save packs and then choose what you want to load in and either load using the wireless dongle or save to USB ready to import into your keyboard.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:56:47 AM by EileenL »