Author Topic: PSR3000 Firmware Upgrade  (Read 715 times)

Offline Topman

PSR3000 Firmware Upgrade
« on: July 21, 2017, 12:33:31 PM »
Hello,
   I am new to this forum so I hope this topic is still relevant.
We have a PSR3000 with the OS 1.51.   I have read how to upgrade so I purchased a Smart Media Card, downloaded the firmware 1.8 and installed the six files onto the Smart media card from my computer which has a smart media card slot. 
   When I first got the card, I tried to format it in the keyboard but it would not format and gave an error message.
So I then installed the card in my computer, formatted it as "FAT" and then installed the firmware files.  Then I followed the instructions of installing the card in the keyboard by holding the "start/stop" button and turning on the keyboard.
  The keyboard still gives the "error" message.
      What now??
  Thanks, 

Offline Topman

Re: PSR3000 Firmware Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 02:44:41 PM »
Thank you for your quick reply.
  I have confirmed that the card is 32MB and is the 3.3 volt.
The card is a "Besta" brand but does not have the "SSFDC" labeling.

So the card does work in my computer, and I can load files on it but the keyboard does not seem to like it.
Any other thoughts?   Should I look for another card?   (Not that easy to get.  Had to find this one on-line)
      Thanks,

Offline Topman

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 10:19:24 PM »
Thank you again for your reply.
   I was wondering if I should do a Windows test on the card to see if as you say it may have been formatted somewhat differently.  (Partition etc.)
       I will test the card in my computer and get back to you.
               Thanks again,

Offline Topman

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 01:46:45 AM »
Okay I opened the Smart Media card in my old computer which has a card reader built in.
I scanned, formatted, file checked and defragmented the card and formatted again.  The computer said the card is okay and is working correctly but my keyboard still will not accept the card and will not format it.
   I will likely look for another card and try it to see if the card or the keyboard is the problem.
             I will keep in touch,
             Thanks.

Offline Topman

Re: PSR3000 Firmware Upgrade Update.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 09:40:53 PM »
Okay,  Update.
  Got a different Smart card (16MB) and transferred the 1.8 upgrade files to the card and then to the keyboard.
I followed the instructions  I got on this forum and everything worked as it should.
 Thanks very much to tnicoson for your help.