Author Topic: MIC SETTING  (Read 757 times)

Offline boogoo

MIC SETTING
« on: June 13, 2017, 12:58:10 PM »
Please help , I can not find an answer for my question

I have yamaha psr s950

I want to sing with my mp3 karaoke songs while playing the lead on right side of keyboard

I just want to have the harmony preset effect, while i sing on the mic ,but dont want the harmonization to sync on pressing the notes while i play the lead

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED

Offline DonM

Re: MIC SETTING
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 02:39:24 PM »
I answered your private message.  I forgot to save what I wrote, so if you want to post it here you can.
DonM

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 03:22:28 PM »
Don, in my case, the mind was the second thing to go - sure wish I could remember what the first thing was. ;)

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline boogoo

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 03:35:50 PM »
thanks for your reply

I just want to sing on the mic with effects of duo, trio, etc., without any harmony or sync to chords or keys played or my voice, just want all those effects available to output my voice

THANKS

Offline DonM

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 04:26:16 PM »
Since I no longer have a PSR, I'll let someone else jump in here.  You can use doubling, but if you use true duo or trio, it won't sound good unless you tell it what chord you are in. 
Some external harmonizers can analyse the MP3 and you can have the right notes, but the PSR internal one won't do that.
DonM

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 07:50:57 PM »
Yep, Don is correct again. If you want a back up singer you need to play the chords with your left hand. That way the Harmonizer knows what KEY it is supposed to harmonize in.

You can pick any STYLE and then Silence it by simply moving the STYLE VOLUME to ZERO. Then play our MP3 file (but you need to know what KEY the MP3 is in) and chord along with the MP3 and the harmonize will work great for you.

Regards
Drake