Author Topic: hello  (Read 1690 times)

Online Musicman123

hello
« on: May 29, 2017, 05:05:12 PM »
Hi my name is Stuart I have played Keyboards for 45 Years and organs , I have the Tyros 5 now and enjoying it very much , I think this site is amazing and Im pleased to be part of it now .Stuart

Offline Ed B

Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 06:09:32 PM »
Welcome Stuart ! Sounds like you have a quite a musical background. The Tyros 5 is a great keyboard lots of capability. If you have any questions just ask away.
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 07:39:26 PM »
Hello Stuart and welcome to the forum.

Our forum has a  Home Page  you may not know about which contains a lot of useful information found here:

http://psrtutorial.com/index.html

Be sure to check out those Home Pages as there are many "How ToĒ Lessons regarding your keyboardís special abilities.

We are looking forward to some of your song postings in our "Songs played by forum members" section of the forum.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/board,5.0.html

You ought to consider becoming a Supporting Member to gain access to the Charter Members Only section of the forum with thousands of extra Yamaha styles.

... the easiest way is to be a support member:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

By making any kind of purchase from the store, you help support the PSR Tutorial site and this forum:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

If you want more excellent styles, as well as hundreds of free PDF songbooks, than you can imagine, become a supporting member, you'll be glad you did.

Regards
Drake

Online Musicman123

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 10:06:31 AM »
Hi Drake I have made a monthly donation now , so I think Im a member Ha , Nice to hear from you

The following users thanked this post: JohnStarbuck

Online Musicman123

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 10:13:33 AM »
Hi Ed , I do have a long musical background , I was part of a duo for 27 years Ive played in hotels , Pubs ,Holiday camps, Boats , I could go on ,I play swing/big band/ Latin /Jazz /Country/ Ballads /old time / also play for dances, I play the Tyros with an old Technics 3000 witch I love and in some ways it sounds better than the Tyros ? the one thing Ive never done is got into the recording side of Keyboard,or using the keyboard as a work station ie altering sounds , so the tyros is daunting in that respect , but I must learn , thanks again

Stuart

Offline Del B

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 10:24:30 AM »
Hi Stuart
My first single keyboard was a Technics 3000 then I PX it for a Technics KN7000, then two years ago PX the 7000 for a Tyros 5
although the technics had some great styles and voices and I wanted to keep the 7000as well, I am very happy with the Tyros 5 and I am sure you will enjoy it the more you delv into it.
regards
Del

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 01:04:49 PM »
Hi Stuart,

I welcomed you here yesterday, but for some unforeseen reason my post is not here.  We've interacted in other boards before, so I won't re-post what I iterated yesterday, because Drake furnished you the information to become a supporting member.

I will only say, welcome once again, and thank you for becoming a supporting member.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Online Musicman123

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 02:22:34 PM »
Hi Del B thanks for the reply Ive had so many keyboards in my time the 3000 was not a favourite , but the more I used it I found great sounds , I had the 5000  and 6000 , 6000 the worst Ive had , the best organ I had was the U90 technics .
Ive never had a PSR so not sure how good they are ? do you play much ?

One of the best keyboards I Had was a Logan string machine , they are so rare now , used alot in the 60s nice string sounds I used it when I used to play 4 keyboards at Gigs
Stuart

Online Musicman123

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 02:26:52 PM »
Hi Roger it seems Im a member now , had a nice email from Joseph he managed to find my info so he has logged me as a member ,
Mind you Im not sure how all this works ie how to download other players styles ect there is so much info , so any advice will be appreciated

Take Care Stuart

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 03:05:57 PM »
Kieth Osborne (Matrix) and myself are the only administrators approving anyone for membership at the present time.  I'm not sure who Joseph is, Stuart; however, I actually approved you for membership on March 23, 2017, so you've been a member of the forum for over two months now.

You'll become more familiar with how the forum functions as time ensues.  Most everything will become apparent as you start to visit the various boards.

Please remember, you now have the Charter Members board to visit, which is now visible to you, because you are now a supporting member.

Thank you once again, Stuart, for supporting this great website.  :) :) :)

P.S.  It just dawned on me, Stuart, you were probably referring to Joe Waters, the website's owner.  I always call him Joe and we do have several Josephs here, so I was racking my brain, what's left of it, trying to figure out who Joseph was.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 03:39:39 PM by Roger Brenizer »
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Online Musicman123

charter members section
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 02:41:53 PM »
Hi again , where do I find this charter section Ive heard about ?? it sounds interesting

Stuart

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 02:58:55 PM »
Hi Stuart,

Scroll to the very bottom of the PSR Tutorial Forum and you will see the Charter members board.  The Parent boards are listed in order, as follows:

The PSR Tutorial Forum
Yamaha Keyboards
Tyros Keyboards
PSR Keyboards
Understanding PSR/Tyros Features
Essential Extras
Music Performances
Charter Members

I hope this helps you.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Online Musicman123

found it
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 12:26:13 PM »
Roger how could I not see that I must be thick or its an age thing ,  :-\ thanks again

Stupid Stu ha ha

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2017, 12:47:10 PM »
You're welcome, Stuart.  We all get tunnel vision on occasion, so you're definitely not stupid.

Thank you for supporting the website and enjoy the Charter Member's boards, Stuart.   ;)  :)  :)  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger