Author Topic: Man what did I go and do?  (Read 442 times)

Offline ekurburski

Man what did I go and do?
« on: May 21, 2017, 07:48:39 AM »
I just recently purchased Gary Diamonds second 3000. (BTW, Gary, thanks for a great deal).  I has a perfectly good 740 and was looking for a backup unit for it as it is getting quite old.  Anyway, I've been reading as much of the manual as I can get through and reading the lessons on the site here.  Also been playing the board and just starting to find out how some of the stuff works.  Man, this board is a lot more complicated than the 740.  Of course, it will do a lot more than the 740.  Still I can see that I'm going to have to do a lot of playing around with this thing to get to where I'm really familiar with how to use it the way I want to use it.  This instrument blows me away with its capabilities.  Starting to work through the lessons on registrations and OTS.  The 740 has registrations but I never set any up and just played everything in real time setting up each song as I went.  I don't think that would be a wise choice of action with the 3000.  To much to remember and set up for each song.  I'm also looking at how to set up the ipad with a music score capability.  I saw a tutorial in the lessons.  Will have to refind it
PSR740, PSR3000, tx7, mt32, mirage, ProTiools 10,11 Sonar,  Reaper, BIAB2018 an a 4' stack of computer Music mags