Author Topic: PSR S950 Foot Pedal Input 1 Help  (Read 971 times)

Offline ed mc

PSR S950 Foot Pedal Input 1 Help
« on: May 17, 2017, 05:45:01 PM »
I have been using Foot Pedal Input Number 1 for my Yamaha Volume pedal and Input 2 for a foot switch. When I turn the keyboard on today the volume pedal did not work and the foot switch on input 2 worked. Moving the volume pedal to input 2 and assigning input 2 to Volume and the pedal works fine. Moving the foot switch to input 1 and no matter what function I assign it does not work. Did something get changed somewhere in the software or is the input bad? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed McCabe

Offline Dick Rector

Re: PSR S950 Foot Pedal Input 1 Help
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:42:19 PM »
Sounds like the polarity has been changed. OR the pedal is dead. In function - footpedal etc. you can see if it is wrong.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Offline sooty8

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 01:45:40 AM »
Hi Ed

Press Function Button
Than Controller
Select Foot Pedal
Select the + sign
Allocate to Volume

Regards

Steve

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 04:02:38 AM »
If I understand you right, neither pedal worked in input #1. This does suggest a fault with that input. Try pressing 'Direct' then whichever pedal is attached to input #1. If nothing happens, it's not seeing the pedal at all. Compare what happens when you press 'Direct' then a pedal attached to input #2.

Offline ed mc

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 04:06:01 PM »
Derek,

Thanks, I followed your instructions and attached the volume pedal to input 1 and operated it and the system found it.
I am an electronics engineer and 16 years ago I managed a Yamaha service center. Technology in musical  instruments has changed so much over the last 16 years I have not kept up with it. I have been teaching computer programming, networks and electronics at Pennsylvania College of Technology for the last 15 years. My real joy in life is playing my S950 and prior to that a Yamaha HS6.

Regards,
Ed Mccabe