Author Topic: Tyre s 2 notes sticking on  (Read 869 times)

Offline Niceonetidy

Tyre s 2 notes sticking on
« on: March 26, 2017, 01:01:14 PM »
Help please,

My tyros 2 has sticky notes on the top, middle and lower C note. Dos anyone know a cure. Do I have to,replace the rubber pads in the keyboard please?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Tyre s 2 notes sticking on
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 01:33:47 PM »
Help please,

My tyros 2 has sticky notes on the top, middle and lower C note. Dos anyone know a cure. Do I have to,replace the rubber pads in the keyboard please?

"sticky" meaning the key stays down and doesn't release properly?
Or "sticky" meaning you have to press hard to get the key to register?

It's also unusual to have notes an octave apart with the same problem. Normally it's adjacent keys. Are you sure it happens only with C notes?

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Niceonetidy

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 02:23:56 PM »
The notes stay on, press top C and it keeps playing, press middle C, that keeps playing to?

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 04:05:37 PM »
The notes stay on, press top C and it keeps playing, press middle C, that keeps playing to?

That sound to me as a rubber-pad problem. All 'keys' follow the same route to the soundprocessor. If more than one of the same keys fails, in your case C, it is usually time for a replacement pad. Guessing on distance of course.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Offline Niceonetidy

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 04:02:50 AM »
I have ordered a set of rubber pads, is there any recommendations for cleaning the contacts when I have it apart please?

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 04:51:06 PM »
I have ordered a set of rubber pads, is there any recommendations for cleaning the contacts when I have it apart please?

VERY careful with alcohol (not the whiskey type!) and a soft tissue, make sure no paper or cloth is left behind. What I did in the past is changing (in a few PSR keyboards) the pads most used, thus in the middle and the lowest with the highest pad as that one is the least used and it worked, in fact it still works for years now in an old PSR 2000. But I don't really know the pads in your Tyros. It is very difficult to see or find on these pads what the problem is.
Success.

Dick
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Offline Niceonetidy

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 01:29:56 AM »
Hi guys,

I could not cure the keyboard problem with cleaning. I have sent the keyboard to a local Yamaha repair engineer.  He found the small keyboard scan PCB may have a suspect fault.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Kind Regards

Colin