Author Topic: Converting Tyros 1 registrations to CVP-1000  (Read 1111 times)

Offline kristja

Converting Tyros 1 registrations to CVP-1000
« on: March 25, 2017, 02:38:55 PM »
Is anyone aware of a program that can convert Tyros 1 or Tyros 4 registrations to work on the Yamaha CVP-1000?
I would like to give some of my registrations to a friend.
Some years ago Micheal Bedesem kindly helped me to convert Tyros 1 registrations to work on another friends CVP-407.

Kristja

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Converting Tyros 1 registrations to CVP-1000
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 03:03:46 PM »
Is anyone aware of a program that can convert Tyros 1 or Tyros 4 registrations to work on the Yamaha CVP-1000?
I would like to give some of my registrations to a friend.
Some years ago Micheal Bedesem kindly helped me to convert Tyros 1 registrations to work on another friends CVP-407.

Kristja

The best program is Murray Best's Registration Manager, which you will find in the Utilities section of this site. If it currently doesn't support the 1000, just message him. He's very good at adding requested features.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline kristja

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 09:41:57 AM »
Hi Fred,
Thanks for your prompt response!  I'll try it.
Also thanks for all the very interesting educational video postings you have contributed to the site, my keyboard buddy and I really appreciate them.
Regards
Kristja

PS:  I see you are a fellow Canadian.  I was born in Timmins Ontario and worked 12 years in Calgary.
I have retired in Florida for the last 16 Years.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:44:08 AM by kristja »

Offline murrayb

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 03:22:00 PM »
Kristja:

I would need a registration saved on the CVP1000 to see if Tyros 1 or 4 registrations could be converted using my program.  Post one here or email one and I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Murray
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Offline kristja

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 05:47:31 PM »
Hi Murray,
Thanks for your offer to help.
As I understand it you would like me to:
1. Make a registration on my friend's CGP-1000.
2. Save it to a USB.
3. Post it here so you can see if your program can convert it.
Have I got that right?
Kristja

In the meantime I will proceed with that to-morrow afternoon 27th March when I visit my friend.
Note that my registrations are on both my old sick Tyros 1 and my newer Tyros 4.

I have a related question.
Looking at your program (which is VERY impressive!!) I assume I can only convert one registration at a time?  (I have hundreds, but one at a time is much better than nothing).

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 05:53:46 PM by kristja »

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 02:10:11 AM »
Kristja,

To answer your last question: Yes, you can batch convert multiple registrations at once with great ease as long as long as both keyboards are supported in YRManager . You can batch convert all your T4 registrations to T1 or vice versa. Keep in mind though that converting upwards (so from an older model to a newer model keyboard usually will be much easier or even not a problem at all. The other way around though can sometimes be more difficult due to missing voices and styles et cetera.

batch converting:
Fire up YRM and first set the target keyboard (i.e. T4) then do NOT load any registrationbut yet but instead click on the batch bank conversion button. In the new window pick your source folder (where for example your T1 registrations are located) and then set the source folder (where you want your newly converted registrations to go). You can enable the Real time missing item substitution if you like. This will pop-up a window for each missing item (voice, style multipad, etc) in the converted registrations. You can now replace the missing part with a default replacement of the target keyboard (i.e. replace T1 Crocotwist style with T4 Twist style). This can be very useful when converting from newer to an older keyboard. At first you will have a lot of pop-ups for missing stuff but the more you replace the less it will pop-up since it will remember those replacements and will use them next time it comes across that same missing part.
Another nice feature here btw is the move problem registrations. This one I found very useful when you for example convert registrations to a keyboard that is pretty close to the source keyboard. It will move the registrations with problems (missing parts) to a separate folder which is very handy if you want to correct them since you don;t have to browse the entire log file for all registrations to see which one has errors/missing stuff.

It doesn't help you with converting to your friend's CVP (yet) but at least you can now (batch) convert all your T1 registrations to T4 more easily.

regards,

Peter 8)

-----
There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
-----

Offline murrayb

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 03:30:47 AM »
Kristja

Peter's guide is excellent except for one small point. Tyros 1 registrations need to be converted to Tyros 2 with the Yamaha conversion program first. The way style codes are stored in the T1 is different and made batch conversion routine with YRM hard to create.

You are correct on creating a sample registration.

Murray
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 03:55:34 AM »
I stand corrected,

Thanks for adding that important piece of information Murray.
Too long since I owned a T1 and back then I didn't work with registrations yet unlike nowadays ;)

regards,

Peter

-----
There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
-----

Offline kristja

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 03:39:41 PM »
Thank you all for your prompt help.

I went to my friend's place today and was astonished to find that the registrations that I converted to another friend's CVP-407 several years ago using Michael Bedesam's RegFix program WORKED on the CGP-1000 !!
Problem solved.

Your information will be useful in future when I want to convert new T4 registrations to both of these Clavinova keyboards.

Thanks again!
Kristja

Offline kristja

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 06:32:39 PM »
Can someone tell me where to get the Yamaha conversion program mentioned above. I admit I am not good at finding things.
Now that I have downloaded and tried YRManager  I find that even though the registrations that I am trying to convert are in my Tyros 4 the program seems to think they are in my old Tyros 1 where they were originally made.
I want to convert them from T1 to T4 and then use Yamaha conversion program to go from T4 to CVP-407.

Thanks
Kristja