Author Topic: Should I exchange Korg Pa3x Le for Tyros 3?  (Read 1040 times)

Offline PianoAct

Should I exchange Korg Pa3x Le for Tyros 3?
« on: January 15, 2017, 05:22:02 PM »
Hello guys!
Joining the "Tyros Family" is something i dream about for a long time, but always thought of all the pros and cons - for my needs/
Needles to say I love the sound and the support of Yamaha ten times better than Korg, but I am the owner of the Pa3x Le. I bought this keyboard for it's 76 keys, because besides using the arranger features solo or in duo, I also play solo piano (with some percution sometimes or piano styles on some songs)
There are some people willing to exchange their T3 with my Pa3x Le, the only main thing dragging me back being the 5 octaves. Now, i will not go in that 'overdiscussed' topic, I take the arrangers for what they are, and I do love them, and I sure am not expecting 88 TOTL arrangers or anything, anyway 76 - 73 is enough for anything (neither do I afford a T5-76), but I have been advised by fellow trained pianists who also do solo works and play in bands, that my main concern, should be: (here goes) the looks of Tyros and the fact that when people hire a keyboardist for entertainment they don't care, but when they hire, let's say, a pianist for a wedding, you'd better bring an instrument that resehttp://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/board,52.50.htmlmbles the most a piano. Do you guys find this to be absurd?
I also own a digital piano (Roland Fp50) but i want to sell it. I was never a fan of switching between keyboards, and it sure is nice to be able to view your whole repertoire on a screen and having some bells and whistles with it, I just want a keyboard which I can do all my gigs with.
Strangely, although Pa3xLE has 76 keys, I find the keybed of Tyros more playable and piano-like in the sens of key depths and key to sound relationship, I kinda hated the feel of Pa3xLe from the begining.
I am very intrigued by the Cocktail Piano sound on the T3 (do 4 and 5 also have it?), I liked it! Is it some kind of an octave piano found on other boards? Does Yamaha suggest that the T3 is qualified for cocktail piano also? Do any of you guys use this board in this way also?
I am sure I would be very happy with the arranger part, playing Jazz, Pop and romanian ethnic music, but it's this one thing that draws me back, but as I said, switching to Tyros has been and is in the back of my mind constantly.

I hope I haven't bored you very much with this long thread, hope someone will answer and offer some suggestions and opinion.
All the best to you all.

Radu

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Should I exchange Korg Pa3x Le for Tyros 3?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 05:37:47 PM »
Hi Radu,

I own a T4, which contains the Cocktail Piano Voice as does the T5 also.

I've attached Murray Best's Excel Voice Summary Spreadsheet for your use.

The system presently doesn't allow the upload of the Excel *.xlsx extension, so I modified the file extension to *.xls to allow the upload.  You will need to rename the file to *.xlsx by adding an x to the end of the filename or you will get a load error.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline PianoAct

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 06:25:01 PM »
Hi Radu,

I own a T4, which contains the Cocktail Piano Voice as does the T5 also.

I've attached Murray Best's Excel Voice Summary Spreadsheet for your use.

The system presently doesn't allow the upload of the Excel *.xlsx extension, so I modified the file extension to *.xls to allow the upload.  You will need to rename the file to *.xlsx by adding an x to the end of the filename or you will get a load error.

Thank you!!!

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 06:32:48 PM »
You're welcome, Radu, but all the credit should go to Murray for this spreadsheet.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page