Author Topic: Buttons need to be pushed hard  (Read 723 times)

Offline Luc

Buttons need to be pushed hard
« on: January 02, 2017, 02:07:44 AM »
Some buttons of my psr s900 need to be pushed very hard before they react : buttons for variations, multipads, transpose, etc.... (the note keys are working fine).
I guess some electric contacts are not functionating properly anymore.
Is there a way to fix that ? The shop where I bought my keyboard doesn't exist anymore.

Offline andyg

Re: Buttons need to be pushed hard
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 02:36:33 AM »
This is often caused by grease and oil from the skin working its way into the switch contacts. It's simple enough to clean them with a cotton bud and denatured alcohol, but taking the keyboard apart to get to the switches is a pain!

If you don't fancy the idea of doing this yourself, there are engineers associated with most keyboard/music stores. Your local store should be able to give you a contact number, even if it's not the one you bought the keyboard from.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Buttons need to be pushed hard
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 09:51:31 AM »
Hi Luc,

You can also try lightly spraying some CRC QD Electronic Cleaner around the periphery of each button and subsequently repeat the process using a can of compressed air to rid the area of any dislodged foreign material.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page