Author Topic: Confused !  (Read 692 times)

Offline illllm

Confused !
« on: December 04, 2016, 01:54:52 PM »
This is so vexing >:(

I select a Part select button, then select a voice, then select a style, and the voice is gone !
I select a Part select button, then select a voice, then select a style, then when playing a song, press D variation, and the voice changes. How do i select and keep the voices?

thanks,

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Confused !
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 06:02:00 PM »
From your post  it sounds as if you have the OTS LINK button turned on, and if so, this is what is changing the current voice/s that you have manually selected.

Most styles have OTS (One Touch Settings) included with them.

The 4 OTS buttons can hold details of the R and L voices, plus the Multi Pad bank for each style main variation.

The OTS can be set to automatically change with the main variation by turning on the OTS LINK button (next to the ACMP button)

If the OTS LINK is on, then each time you load a new style or select a different style variation, the R and L voices and the Multipad bank will change to reflect what is saved in the linked OTS button for that style (style variation A will select OTS 1, variation B selects OTS 2 etc).

If you don't want the style OTS to change the current voices, then you need to turn off the OTS LINK button, and then when you load a new style or change the variation, the voices will not change. 

Note that even if the OTS LINK button is off when you load a style, if the OTS buttons are lit, then pressing one will change the voices to the ones in that OTS button.

You can read about the OTS LINK function and how to save your own preferred OTS to a style on page 155 of the 'Tyros2 Owner's Manual' in the section 'Programmable One Touch Setting (OTS)'.

Regards

Ian

Offline illllm

Re: Confused !
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 10:07:40 AM »
I upgraded the OS last night and its seems to work fine now. I need to research about the OTS button when I get home.