Author Topic: Editing and saving Style EQ T3  (Read 1358 times)

Offline jerryghr

Editing and saving Style EQ T3
« on: November 30, 2016, 04:50:29 PM »
After many years I have switched to a new sound system.

I want to increase the Bass for just the Styles not the whole keyboard.

I go to Mixing Console Panel Part.  There are two sections:

Master EQ changes the whole keyboard EQ.  I can change and save my settings in USER 1 or 2.

Part EQ which allows me to boost the bass on the styles, however after making the adjustments the settings are lost when I press a registration button, which calls up the old EQ settings.

How do I keep the new settings for the style EQ without resaving all the registrations.

Saving to User 1 or 2 only saves the Master EQ not the part EQ.

Regards,

Jerryghr

Offline Joe H

Re: Editing and saving Style EQ T3
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 05:47:43 PM »
Jerry,

I'm not sure why the Style Part EQ is not saved in a registration like all the settings like Volumes, Pan, Filter, etc... the Style Part EQ is saved in the style file, because it is a "channel message" just like all the other settings we can change in the Mixing Console (STYLE PART).  The Master EQ is a System setting and therefore is saved in a block of memory on the keyboard itself.

Joe H
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:49:50 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 07:28:05 PM »
Hi Joe,

The style part EQ is saved in a registration.

My problem is I don't want to have to change all my registrations with more bass added to the styles, then go to another gig and have to change them again because the acoustics are different.

The master EQ can be changed on the fly , saved to a user area and it remains in effect for all registrations for the entire gig regardless of registration settings.  The master EQ effects all the keyboard sounds, whereas the part EQ only effects the STYLE, SONG OR MPAD.

Regards,

Jerryghr

regards,

Jerry

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 08:10:11 AM »

How do I keep the new settings for the style EQ without resaving all the registrations.

Regards,
Jerryghr

Sorry... I guess I missed the meaning of your post.  Sometimes we just have to go with  "experience is the best teacher".   I've done things the hard way (or wrong way) and paid the price of having to re-do something... a little painful, but the lesson really sinks in.   ;D

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 08:38:10 AM »

The answer is you don't. The registrations will have to be re-memorized.

The next question is how do you do that the most easily? The answer is use Murray Best's Registration Manager program. It will make change a batch of registrations (like all in a folder) in one shot. If the current version of the program doesn't do what you need, just contact Murray. He is very responsive and I'm sure can update the program to fit the bill.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 11:38:59 AM »
Thanks Fred.

I will give Reg mgr a try.

I was pretty sure that was the solution, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Regards,

Jerryghr

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 04:56:36 PM »
If you change any part of a style, simply SAVE the style and the changes will sticks, including STS settings.