Author Topic: Tyros keys dont work  (Read 948 times)

Offline felixkey

Tyros keys dont work
« on: November 20, 2016, 01:19:42 PM »
Hi all,
I have a Tyros TYROS 1 at home and didnt use it for a while.
Now the keyboard doesnt seem to work. No matter which setting I set it doesnt give a sound from keys I press.
The rythm machine works, but besides no sound is coming from the keys.
Also if I set the rythm machine to auto start and hit a key nothing happens.
Any ideas? Is it broken or just a setting maybe?

Thank you in advance.

Best
Felix

Offline EileenL

Re: Tyros keys dont work
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 02:13:07 PM »
Try doing a reset.

Offline felixkey

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 02:29:41 PM »
Hey,
Thanks for quick reply.
I tried a Reset by Holding right Key and restarting the keyboard, but it didn't help. Also I reset the settings in the menu - no change...
Any other ideas?

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 11:10:48 PM »
Hi Felix,

Where has your T1 been stored?  Has it been in a high humidity area or in an area that wasn't environmentally controlled?

Even though you weren't using it, was it plugged in all the time it was sitting idle?  It may have been affected by a lightening strike if it wasn't protected by a surge protector.  A myriad of things could have happened to it over time.

The foot pedals on my Electone organ stopped working one time and was caused by a mouse entering the upper console and chewing through a very small wire disabling the circuit board controlling the pedals.  It took me a long time to isolate the problem, but I finally discovered the fault and soldered the wire and it was as good as new.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline felixkey

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 01:08:18 AM »
Hey,
thanks for the reply!
It was stored in a little bit humid area - that's true, but it wasn't plugged in and I usually store it with the plastic cover.
So I think it wasnt a lightening strike.
One interesting thing I just noticed: When I hold the outer right key and restart the keyboard it recognizes that I am holding this key because it does some resetting action. Does it mean the keys somehow work? But still no sound from anywhere...

Best
Felix

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 07:51:46 AM »
Hi Felix,

Have you tried using an eternal speaker system?  There may be something wrong with your on board speaker circuit.  If you have a service manual for your keyboard, you might check to see if the internal and external speakers are using separate circuits for sound.

Hopefully someone who owns a Tyros 1 will see this post and help you.  I will see what I can find out about these circuits also, although I don't own a Tyros 1.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page