Author Topic: PSR 1500 intermittent power loss  (Read 912 times)

Offline LNORRIS@BAYOU.COM

PSR 1500 intermittent power loss
« on: October 10, 2016, 11:29:01 AM »
I'm a newbie here.  I am losing power to the keyboard, especially when I "get down" and am playing hard.  I've replaced the AC adapter, but still having problems.  When this occurs, the power will usually restore itself within a few seconds.  Suggestion would be appreciated.

Offline autonomy

Re: PSR 1500 intermittent power loss
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 09:50:01 AM »
If you use a power extension lead try changing that, and try plugging the keyboard into different power sockets in the room you are using it in, in case you have a faulty socket.

You may find that the power connection on the keyboard has slackened.  Over time and especially if the power supply is being constantly plugged in and removed, the spring that holds the power plug in place can weaken or bend.  A tell tale sign is a loose fit of the plug into the power socket of the keyboard " a wobbly plug".  When playing becomes vigorous the plug can slip resulting in a power loss.

I hope you find a solution.

Graham  :)  :)   

Offline autonomy

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 09:52:40 AM »
Also see this discussion:  http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,35413.0.html  which is about Power Cord problems.

Good luck
Graham  :) :)

Offline LNORRIS@BAYOU.COM

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 11:26:01 AM »
I've discovered that my original problem was the power supply, which I replaced with a $12.00 after marker power supply.  However, the problem still continued.  I borrowed an original Yamaha power supply from a friend...problem solved.  Beware of the cheap replacements.  I've learned my lesson.

Thanks for the replies.