Author Topic: Key with no velocity control  (Read 1505 times)

djeev1 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ormly

Key with no velocity control
« on: July 03, 2016, 05:52:20 AM »
I primarilly use my PSR 9000 midi'd to my CHX1 organ for its sound bank flexibility, that is beautiful. However, I have one key on my 9000 that plays loud but only in local mode. In other words: with the 9000 mounted on the organ it is for all intent and purposes, a fourth keyboard when including the pedals. This one [unregulated] key drives me crazy when played on the 9000 keyboard!

I question is: is it a mechanical [contact] problem with that particulat key or one that will necessitate the replacing of a circuit board?

Any thoughts, suggestions, firsthand experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Orm

Offline Ormly

Re: Key with no velocity control
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 07:46:35 AM »
I took the unit down  to remove the KB circuit board vacuumed out the whole thing. It was a mess but in good shape.. Wiped down the rubber contact strip and associated parts. Every now fine! Works like new.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 09:48:51 AM »
What did you wipe the contacts with?

Offline Ormly

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 05:11:58 AM »
I was careful for that and decided on alcohol. So far so good. I have since purchased a new one from "Full Compass.com".

http://www.fullcompass.com/brand/DAV_Datavideo-Corporation/Video-Television-Cameras.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand%20-%20Campaigns&utm_term=datavideo%20character&utm_content=Datavideo
Google them. The rubber contact strip though for an 8000 is the same for 9000.   

Part Number
9000 VF8341000
8000 VF83410K

US 35.00 [?]

Online djeev1

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:23:14 PM »
It is sure your problem comes from the ruber contact.

Before changing it you can try to clean and see. But the better thing is to replace by a new one and here you go for 10 more years.

I also had the same problem and fixed by replacing the ruber contact. Here is my post:
http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,8958.0.html

Let us know your progression. ;D

Offline Ormly

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 09:36:57 AM »
I performed the "swap out" last week. Works like  a charm! I also replaced a "tactile' switch under Lcd display that' was needed to affect 1 ft flute, "mic" and any other thing that is it might be used for.  . It ws not difficult.

What I am after now is to get the unit upgraded with the Ver 3 software.. I believe it will further my love for the keyboard. . . ;)

Thanks for you kindness.

Orm.

Offline Ormly

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 06:29:32 AM »
Problems solved!!! Replaced the tactile switch and the keys contact strip. Also upgraded to Ver.3 firmware. Keyboard acting like a new one!! Thanks to all who had a hand in my 'education'!! . ..;)

Offline TyrIA

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 08:07:32 PM »
Hi !

Once I had same problem with no velocity key on PSR-8000 , then I changegd rubber strip to a new one and it went OK.
After on PSR-9000 I had to wait too long for spare one and I just moved around the old-damaged one and it worked great because broken place on strip was moved away.
Now I am on T-5 , no problems for the moment !!!

Good luck , TyrIA.