Author Topic: how can I record my music on psr 1000?  (Read 7118 times)

anup

how can I record my music on psr 1000?
« on: May 17, 2006, 08:49:40 AM »
pls help me.!!!!!!!!! how can I record my music on psr 1000?  how can I record durms and music? I have no idea about quantise and filters? how canI use it. pls help me.!!!!!!!

mike_soundmaster

Re: how can I record my music on psr 1000?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:39:49 AM »
Anup,
 Go trough the lesson first............it will tell you everything you need to know.
http://www.psrtutorial.com/L/rec.html
Michael.

anup

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 04:43:18 AM »
thank you so much michael.

Teresa K

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 02:21:29 PM »
I have recorded my music but I don't know how to find it. Can anyone help me please ? Thanks

Teresa

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 04:34:20 PM »
Hi Teresa,

After you record a song,  unless you save it to USER or FLOPPY DISK, it will be lost if you switch off the power to the keyboard or select another song to play.  This 'Save' is not done automatically so you should know if you did this, and therefore where you saved the song.  If you did not save the song after recording it, and have since turned the power off to the keyboard or played back a different song, then unfortunately your recording will now be lost and can't be recovered.

Assuming that you have saved a song, on a PSR1000 there are only two locations where you can save a song, which are USER and FLOPPY DISK.

To access a saved song from the MAIN display,  press the A button at the top left of the screen to open the 'Song Open' display.

The page that opens should have three Tabs at the top, PRESET, USER and FLOPPY DISK.  If you did save your song, you must have saved it to the USER drive or FLOPPY DISK.  Use the two buttons marked 'BACK' and 'NEXT' at the top right of the screen to move to the correct drive. If you have saved to the FLOPPY DISK, make sure that the disk containing your song is in the drive.

The songs in that drive will be listed along with any folders.  If necessary open the correct folder by pressing the A to J button next to the folder.
If there are more than ten folders and files to display, they will be spread over more than one page and you can move from page to page using the buttons under the various icons at the bottom of the screen.

Once you can see your song, press the A to J button next to it and the song should load into the Song Recorder/Player.

Once loaded simply press the Play button to begin playback.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:35:58 PM by tyrosaurus »

Teresa K

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 05:56:13 AM »
Hi Ian

Thank youuuuuuuuuu for taking time to help me.

I have saved my song and I can see my song when I press User but when I I play it there is no sound.

Play button is Start/ Stop right?

Or is there another play button

Thank you so much from Switzerland

Teresa

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 07:18:58 AM »
Hi Teresa,

Once you can see your song listed, before it can be played you need to load it into the Song Player by pressing the A to J button next to the song.

It should now play when you press the START/STOP button in the SONG controls. Note that there is another button marked START/STOP in the STYLE controls just above the keys, but this is not the correct one.

If the song has loaded correctly, if you return to the MAIN display you should see the name of your song in the display next to the A button.

If you still can't get any sound then check that the Song Level above the #1 buttons is not set too low, however this setting will usually reset to 100 each time that the power is turned on so this is unlikely to be the problem.

To check the song settings you could try selecting and playing a built-in Demo song. You select this in the same way as you are selecting your own song, but from the PRESET tab.  If this plays OK but you still can't get your song to play, it may not have been recorded correctly.  If you want to copy it to your computer and attach it to a reply to this thread, I will have a look at it for you.

Regards

Ian

Teresa K

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 11:27:56 AM »
Hello Ian

Still no sound. I have sent you an message.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Teresa

Teresa K

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 01:15:38 PM »
 Hi  Ian

Finally I have saved the song.

:D

Thank you again
That means a lot to me

Teresa