Author Topic: Connecting aPSR800 to a laptop using TO HOST  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Alun

Connecting aPSR800 to a laptop using TO HOST
« on: February 29, 2016, 01:52:53 AM »
Can anybody help me with the connecting of the PSR 8000 to my laptop.
I only have USB connections and I was wondering if a 8Pin Mini Din to USB cable exists and if it would work.
I am trying to get my old Midi files from the 8000 internal drive and unfortunately the floppy drive has developed problems with age. I do not want to remove the hard drive if possible. I am looking to the TO HOST connection to transfer the data.
I hope someone may have a solution.
Thank you

Alun

Offline SeaGtGruff

Re: Connecting aPSR800 to a laptop using TO HOST
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 12:56:34 PM »
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline rononeil

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »
I have a Yamaha host to serial cable from a PSR 740. I also have a new floppy drive from that 740. I can send this stuff to you. Are you in the US. I've never installed the floppy and it's been in storage for years. Ron

Offline Alun

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 03:26:47 AM »
Hi Ron and Michael

Thank you for your reply Michael , I have come across the cable and it looks promising. However I need to be sure that it would work.
Unfortunately Ron  the distance between us is a bit far as I am in Wales UK. Can you tell me about the Floppy drive you have and I can check out for a compatible model.
Thanks again to you both

Alun

Offline Happy Jack

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 11:02:51 AM »
Can anybody help me with the connecting of the PSR 8000 to my laptop.
I only have USB connections and I was wondering if a 8Pin Mini Din to USB cable exists and if it would work.
I am trying to get my old Midi files from the 8000 internal drive and unfortunately the floppy drive has developed problems with age. I do not want to remove the hard drive if possible. I am looking to the TO HOST connection to transfer the data.
I hope someone may have a solution.
Thank you

Alun

Hi, Alun,

Could this solve your connection problem?  I used one to connect to computer with no MIDI ports and it worked okay. There's a much cheaper version (just a few quid) that I tried without much success.

M-Audio USB Midisport Uno | MIDI Interface (Amazon or elsewhere)

regards, Jack
http://www.amazon.co.uk/M-Audio-Midisport-Uno-Interface-Bus-Powered/dp/B00007JRBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458496940&sr=8-1&keywords=midi+to+usb+cable+uno