Author Topic: Assigning pedals to S 900 keyboard  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Rotech

Assigning pedals to S 900 keyboard
« on: January 04, 2016, 06:29:20 PM »
How do setup two pedals on the s900? I need one for sustain and the other for switching my registers, can some one help please.

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Assigning pedals to S 900 keyboard
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 07:03:48 PM »
Functions can be assigned to pedals from the display that opens by pressing FUNCTION > CONTROLLER > Tab to FOOT PEDAL

This is explained on page 195 of the Owner's Manual, and the range of functions that can be assigned are listed on the pages that follow.  Note that when the power is turned off, the pedals will revert to their default functions.

To use a pedal to move through a registration sequence, one or both pedals must be selected in the display that opens by pressing FUNCTION > REGIST SEQUENCE/FREEZE/VOICE SET > Tab to REGISTRATION SEQUENCE.   When a pedal is selected here and REGISTRATION SEQUENCE ENABLE is set to ON, this will override the 'normal' function assigned to it until either the pedal is turned off in this display, or the registration sequence is disabled.

This is explained on page 138 of the Owner's Manual.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 07:14:33 PM by tyrosaurus »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 07:58:06 PM »
Functions can be assigned to pedals from the display that opens by pressing FUNCTION > CONTROLLER > Tab to FOOT PEDAL

This is explained on page 195 of the Owner's Manual, and the range of functions that can be assigned are listed on the pages that follow.  Note that when the power is turned off, the pedals will revert to their default functions.

To use a pedal to move through a registration sequence, one or both pedals must be selected in the display that opens by pressing FUNCTION > REGIST SEQUENCE/FREEZE/VOICE SET > Tab to REGISTRATION SEQUENCE.   When a pedal is selected here and REGISTRATION SEQUENCE ENABLE is set to ON, this will override the 'normal' function assigned to it until either the pedal is turned off in this display, or the registration sequence is disabled.

Regards

Ian

To switch registrations, you need to set up a sequence. This is done in Function>Regist Sequence. Here are the steps:

1. Turn Registration Sequence Enable ON
2. Specify which pedal you want to advance the sequence. I would recommend you use Pedal 2 for this, as Pedal 1 will default to Sustain for you.
3. Set Regist- Pedal to Off as you want to use the other pedal for sustain.
4. Specify what you want to do at the end of the sequence. I set mine to Next Bank, but the choice is yours.
5. Create your sequence (or use the default of 1234578).

If you need more help, check out my registration videos. The one on the Registration Sequence goes through these steps.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Rotech

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 04:57:44 AM »

Regards

Ian

I looked in the list of options, but I don't see anything that says "registration" ? What should the option be?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 09:49:38 AM by Rotech »

Offline Rotech

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 09:50:01 AM »
Bump

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 10:33:40 AM »

I looked in the list of options, but I don't see anything that says "registration" ? What should the option be?

You need to use a registration sequence to control registrations with a pedal. See my other post for full instructions.

You don't need to bump a thread when the information has already been provided.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 11:37:31 AM »

That is because it is not in the list of assignable functions!   A pedal is set up for use with registration sequences elsewhere (the REGISTRATION SEQUENCE display), and when it has been set on that page whatever function is currently assigned to that pedal from the Assignable Pedal Function list will be overridden for as long as Registration Sequence is enabled.  If you disable the sequence or deselect the pedal from the REGISTRATION SEQUENCE display, then the pedal reverts back to it's assigned function.

If you actually read the second part of my reply I explained how to access the screen display to set up a pedal for advancing through a registration sequence and how to enable the sequence.  I even told you the page in the manual that as far as I can see gives full and clear instructions about this, so I don't see the point in repeating them here!   ::)   However if there is a specific instruction that is not clear to you then post back with that query.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 11:52:53 AM by tyrosaurus »