Author Topic: New forum sub-section for the DGX line of keyboards (DGX 640, DGX 650) ?  (Read 2121 times)

Offline vbdx66

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a sub-forum for the DGX line of keyboards? They are great keyboards, especially the DGX 640 and DGX 650. Although considered by many people as digital pianos, they have numerous arranger capabilities.

As far as their features are concerned, they lie somewhere between the PSR E and the PSR S series. For instance, the DGX 650 can read both SFF1 and SFF2 style files and has a full DSP section, it can also record MIDI and audio (wave files) on an USB stick. Both keyboards are also compatible with the Yamaha iPad apps like the SoundController app, etc.

I think it might be beneficial for owners of these keyboards to have their own sub-section of the forum instead of having the discussion topics scattered into different forum sections.

If you like the idea of a new section for the forum and / or are the owner of a DGX keyboard, please mark this message with a "Like" :-)

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650

The following users thanked this post: billmc

Offline guitpic1

Re: New forum sub-section for the DGX line of keyboards (DGX 640, DGX 650) ?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 09:42:14 PM »
Great idea.

:D
guitpic1

PA 4X, S970, DGX650, JBL Eon One, SSV.3

Offline shiner1955

I also agree, it would be an advantage to those of us who have both PSR and a DGX  Keyboards :)
PSR S970, PSR S950 , ARIUS YDP-V240, DGX 650

Offline vbdx66

Hi,

I am trying to revive this post. I know that many people have DGX digital pianos, which are arranger keyboards of sorts. It would be nice to have a subforum section dedicated to them - like there is one for the PSR E series of keyboards - since the DGX series have some features of their own (they all have 88 weighted keys, they have only two-variations styles but they can read both sff1 and sff2 styles whereas the PSR E keyboards can only read sff1 styles, etc.).

IMHO it would make sense to have a section dedicated to them.

If you feel the same about this, please answer to this post and explain why YOU would like to see a new sub-section of the forum dedicated to the DGX 640, 640 and 660. It certainly would make thinks more straitforward than to have to "haunt" the Clavinova's and PSR E sub-sections of the Forum.

Best Regards to all,

Vinciane.

Offline Joe W

Since we do have a board for Clavinova series pianos, I guess we could certainly offer a board for owners of the DGX series digital pianos.  PSR or Tyros owners may not be able to provide much detailed help, but there may be some who also have a DGX keyboard.  Hopefully, we will have enough DGX owners so that they will be able to help each other with problems specific to this series of keyboard.

So, congratulations Vinciane, your suggestion wins the day and you now have your own board!
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Roger Brenizer

If there is a moderator who would like to moderate this board, please let me know.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline vbdx66

Since we do have a board for Clavinova series pianos, I guess we could certainly offer a board for owners of the DGX series digital pianos.  PSR or Tyros owners may not be able to provide much detailed help, but there may be some who also have a DGX keyboard.  Hopefully, we will have enough DGX owners so that they will be able to help each other with problems specific to this series of keyboard.

So, congratulations Vinciane, your suggestion wins the day and you now have your own board!

Hello Joe and thanks for accepting my suggestion, I really appreciate  :)

There have been questions from DGX owners from time to time and until then their questions were lost among other subsections of the Forum so I guess now it will be easier to sort things out.

Actually the internal system of the DGX series is very similar to that if the PSR E series but they can read SFF2 style files like higher end PSR S keyboards. Also, the Piano Room feature from the DGX 660 is directly inherited from the Clavinova line.

@Roger: since I suggested the creation if this sub-forum section, I'd be more than happy to moderate it if someone explains me what I am supposed to do.

Long life to the DGX forum,

Best Regards,

Vinciane

Offline Roger Brenizer

Please check your email, Vinciane.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline billmc

Re: New forum sub-section for the DGX line of keyboards (DGX 640, DGX 650) ?
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 03:11:12 PM »
I'm glad to see this sub-forum started. After much consideration, I decided to trade in my arrangers and get a DGX-650. I love it! So it will be nice to have a sub-forum that, while not being true PSRs, still have much of that Yamaha sound and creativity!