Author Topic: tyros3 to laptop  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Mick

tyros3 to laptop
« on: December 20, 2015, 06:49:08 AM »
Hi can anybody help please, cant connect my Tyros3 to laptop, have got cable from keyboard to laptop,this shows up in control panel on laptop, downloaded drivers from disc ,but nothing happens have tried book suggestion of restarting keyboard and pc ,am running windows 10 on acer aspire laptop, thanks to any one for help

Online tyrosaurus

Re: tyros3 to laptop
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 07:20:01 AM »
Hi Mick and welcome to the Forum,

Please explain what you want to do once the T3 is connected to your computer.

If you want to use MIDI, and have connected the T3's 'USB To Device' port to a USB post on the PC, then the connection will allow you to send/receive MIDI using a suitable program or DAW.   What program do you want to use it with?

If you are trying to connect the T3's internal hard disk to your PC so that you can transfer/manage,back up files, then when it connects correctly the HD should show up in Windows Explorer or whatever the Windows 10 equivalent is.  To connect like this, after connecting the cable, start with the computer on, but the keyboard off.  Then turn the keyboard on whilst holding down the Music Finder button. It can take a while (even a few minutes) to connect, but when (if!) it does the drive should appear under 'Computer' in Explorer, like a removable USB drive does for example.  Once you can see it you can then manage files on it just like any other drive.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 07:21:02 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline Mick

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 10:04:53 AM »
Hi i am trying to make the Tyros 3 appear listed in Yamaha's Playground music learning program.

Online tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 12:02:52 PM »
Hi Mick,

I assume that you mean Playground Sessions from 'www.playgroundsessions.com'.  I am not familiar with this software, but I've had a quick look on the internet and it looks as if you just need to connect the keyboard from the 'USB To Host' socket on the back of the T3 to a USB port on your computer so that MIDI is enabled.  I don't know if the software attempts to select a voice on the keyboard via MIDI, but when switched on, the keyboard always starts up with a piano voice selected for R1 and switched on, with the ACMP and Left voice  turned off.  This will set the keyboard to play the R1 voice over the whole 61 key range of the T3 which is probably what you want for this software, so don't turn on the ACMP button, the Left voice or the 'OTS Link' button or you will change the set up! 

You will need to install the Yamaha USB driver on the computer which you say that you have done.  Did you download and install  the latest driver Version 3.1.4 dated 26th August 2015 which was updated for Windows 10?  Also make sure that you use the correct 32 bit or 64 bit version relevant to the version of Windows 10 that you are running.

I came across an introduction video to the software which briefly discusses connecting a keyboard to the computer in the first 30 seconds of the video.

Here is a link to the video...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVIAwUPmX8k

You need to select the keyboard using the 'MIDI and Audio Settings' option from the program's 'Configuration' menu.  The keyboard should be connected and switched on before opening the program, and if it is correctly connected to the computer it should show up in the selection window that opens.  Note that it may not appear as 'Tyros3', but maybe as something like 'Digital Workstation 1'.

Have you tried this, and does the keyboard appear in the list?

Regards

Ian

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:04:40 PM by tyrosaurus »

Offline Mick

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 04:06:20 AM »
Sorry for the delay in reply, xmas took its toll, you pointed me in the right direction ..it was the wrong drivers i had, thank you very much
hope you have a good new year .
Mick