Author Topic: Help my T2 is having troubles  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Bill Grosse

Help my T2 is having troubles
« on: May 15, 2015, 05:03:54 PM »
Posted for SuHieb,

Hi, I'm new to this site, and I have an urgent need of any help I can get.
I have a Tyros 2, and all worked fine until about a month ago, the on screen display button on the right side ''F'' was not working anymore at all, now the button underneath ''G'' stopped working as well, and only some times that the ''F'' button will work again.
I was trying the factory reset, but I had to use the ''G'' button for that, and sins it doesn't work, I couldn't finish the reset.
Any Idea on how to fix it?

And what to do when I connect the Tyros 2 to my Laptop Computer, it says on my Laptop that this device has no driver, any Idea of how to install it?

I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline Bill Grosse

Re: Help my T2 is having troubles
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 05:08:53 PM »
SuHieb,

You can do a factory reset by holding down the right most white key while the keyboard is starting.
Just hold down the key and keep holding it down until the keyboard has finished starting.

I doubt that a reset will fix the trouble, however because it sounds like the switches have gone bad.
Those switches are very hard to get too because the display is difficult to take apart.
The switches are not very expensive and a repairman can replace them fairly easily.

I suggest you take it to a Yamaha repair shop if you can.

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

SuHieb

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 05:53:28 PM »
Thanks a lot for that advice, I'll try that and see if that works. Crossing my fingers.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 08:45:45 AM »
And what to do when I connect the Tyros 2 to my Laptop Computer, it says on my Laptop that this device has no driver, any Idea of how to install it?

To connect to a computer, use a USB-A to USB-B cable (same cable you use to connect to a printer). Connect the USB-to-Host port on the T2 to the USB port on the computer.

Now, power on while holding down the Music Finder button. This will activate USB Storage Mode, and the T2's hard drive will look like an external drive to the computer. Then just use Windows Explorer for whatever you need done.

Fred.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

SuHieb

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 01:32:48 PM »
Thank You Fred Smith, I will try that out yet, I just had a music practice today, and therefore I have packed up my T2, but I will try definitely next week.
Thank You

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 06:13:39 AM »
You may need to change the buttons. Sounds like the contents may be in trouble.

SuHieb

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 06:52:46 PM »
Thanks EileenL, I will have to do that.