Author Topic: T1 midi file access  (Read 2602 times)

mikey

T1 midi file access
« on: May 10, 2015, 03:15:16 PM »
I'm fairly new to the T1 keyboard.  I've determined that there are midi files on the on-board HD but I can't figure out how to see them on the keyboard display and then how would I access them for playing.  I've also put some midi's on the floppy and can't access them.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mikey

Offline Fred Smith

Re: T1 midi file access
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 03:37:47 PM »
I'm fairly new to the T1 keyboard.  I've determined that there are midi files on the on-board HD but I can't figure out how to see them on the keyboard display and then how would I access them for playing.  I've also put some midi's on the floppy and can't access them.

Just press the Song Button (A) to access all midi files.

To get to different drives, use the tab keys (buttons on the top right of the display).

Navigation through these files is the same as any other type (styles, voices, etc.)

When you find the file you want, press the button next to it to load it. Press the Song Play (buttons on left side of keyboard) to play the file.

Hope this helps,
Fred.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

mikey

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 05:15:22 PM »
Thank you very much Fred!!!!! :)   To play along with the midi what are the T1 buttons to turn on ie: ACMP, Auto Fil etc.   Once again your help is much appreciated.

Mike

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 06:21:03 PM »
Thank you very much Fred!!!!! :)   To play along with the midi what are the T1 buttons to turn on ie: ACMP, Auto Fil etc.   Once again your help is much appreciated.

Mike

It depends on what you want to accomplish, but most likely none of them. Most people just play the right hand with a midi. You can mute this channel so you're playing the song, not the machine.

Fred.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

mikey

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 04:46:02 PM »
Fred:

Thank you for your assistance so far, but, I've recorded midi files on my floppy and now can't get them to load into the T1.  They do appear on the screen as they appear on the floppy but "how do you get them to play"?

Again, thanks from this newbie!

Mike

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 06:48:17 PM »
Fred:

Thank you for your assistance so far, but, I've recorded midi files on my floppy and now can't get them to load into the T1.  They do appear on the screen as they appear on the floppy but "how do you get them to play"?

Again, thanks from this newbie!

Mike

To play a midi, first load it using the A button (the one beside the name of the file). Then press Play (you control the song with the song buttons left of the screen. You have the standard play/pause, stop, rewind, etc.)

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ