Author Topic: tyros 3 tutorial dvd's  (Read 1930 times)

Offline zersiax

tyros 3 tutorial dvd's
« on: March 19, 2015, 05:37:20 PM »
Hi,

I see a number of DVD series about the Tyros 3 out there on the webs, most notably the tyros 3 step-by-step one which is originally in German, and the stuff the Yamaha club, a British website, have made.
I have two questions about this kind of tutorial:
- Are they worth it, or should the manual together with psrtutorial give all the same information as well?
- Are any of these downloadable somewhere? I have no DVD player at all handy, not in my laptop either. I barely ever use optical media any more, but in this case that hinders me slightly.

Thanks in advance,
Zersiax

Offline Ed B

Re: tyros 3 tutorial dvd's
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 06:47:30 PM »
Hi Zersiax

We have a set of tutorials available on the main web site that will help you. Start out there and work through them. There are many similarities between the different keyboards. The lessons have been structured to help you get started quickly. Here is the link.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/lessons/index.html

If you encounter a problem ask here on the forum.
These lessons will give you an outline of how the keyboard works. At this point some folk are content to just use a style and play. However the keyboard gives you a wealth of capability in arranging music which can take a while to really learn to use it to its full capabilities. 

The DVD's you mention can be helpful One of our members Eileen makes one and at some time that might be worth looking into. However if you do not have the equipment that may not be for you.There are also a lot of web resources that we can point you to as you progress
Regards
Ed B
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:57:40 PM by Ed B »
Keep on learning