Author Topic: Dynamix Audio for Tyros 3  (Read 7406 times)

Offline oregon mouse

Dynamix Audio for Tyros 3
« on: December 13, 2014, 11:43:14 PM »
Would love to know if anyone has tried or knows anything about the Dynamix Audio enhancements available for the Tyros 3. Looks like some neat stuff if it's all true. Drums equal to Tyros 5. Even ensemble instruments. Beautiful choirs. Everything is individual packages, but the price doesn't seem to bad for what you get.  Here is the link in case you have not heard of it.    http://www.dynamix-audio.com/category/tyros-3/?lang=en

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Dynamix Audio for Tyros 3
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 06:04:03 AM »
Hi, first of all these are Custom Voices which use external wave samples.

This means that you must have expansion memory fitted to your keyboard to use them.  In the case of your Tyros3 this memory is in the form of pairs of memory modules called DIMMs.

If you haven't already got any fitted, they can be obtained quite cheaply and are easy to fit yourself (see page 102 of the Tyros3 Owner's Manual).

I did purchase one voice from Dynamix for my Tyros4.  This was the 'Les Paul Guitar' voice which sounds amazing in the Dynamix demo.  However the voice supplied was not set up in the same way and as such didn't sound the same!

A few months later I received an unsolicited email from Dynamix about the voice, so although I hadn't complained about it, presumably others had.  Anyway Dynamix explained that the voice should be used with a DSP (AMP plus DISTortion) and sent a link to download the voice again.  What I couldn't understand was that Dynamix had not set up the original voice to use this DSP by default, or at least provided information about how best to use the voice to get the most authentic sound!   The other slightly disappointing thing about this voice was that it didn't cover the whole range of the keyboard.

I don't know if the other Dynamix voices are supplied in a more 'ready to use out of the box' format so I can't really comment on them, however at least the company did respond about the guitar voice, presumably to queries/complaints about it. 

In spite of the above, I would probably try (risk?) another voice from Dnamix if there was one that I needed.

Regards

Ian

Offline oregon mouse

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 10:26:53 PM »
Thanks Ian. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. Been out of the country on business. Interesting about your dealings with Dynamix. Now I know that they are at least a valid company. Think I might try some of the Choir voices and see what happens. Thanks again.
Sandy

Offline Linda K

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 09:15:39 AM »
Hi Sandy

Will you please let us know how you get on if you do make a purchase.

Regards

Linda
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 01:14:25 PM by Joe W »

Offline yragorb

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 10:53:39 PM »
yragorb@mail.ru - SEMPL TYROS 3-4