Author Topic: Need T2 assistance/advice  (Read 8759 times)

J. Larry

Need T2 assistance/advice
« on: January 07, 2006, 09:54:18 AM »
Just got the T2 yesterday.  Here's my problem:  How can I get the R1, 2, 3 voices to play in key and tune with the auto accompaniment (ACMP)?  I've never experienced this before with Yamaha boards.  The right hand voices are playing about one-half step out of tune.  Here's what I've checked-----upper octave setting is normal, transpose is normal, tuning is 440, preset scale type is equal, mod wheel is minimum.  It does this with the OTS link either on or off and with the various figuring options (I prefer to use full keyboard).  It must be something simple that's overlooked.  Sustain pedal works normally.  Is it something in the controller section, or the split points?  If anyone has a suggestion, please bring it forward.
Second question-----I have many previously recorded songs that have been recorded and saved that are accompaniment tracks only, i.e., there is no melody line.  Now, when played back through the sequencer, is it possible to play "live" with the Right voices and get the harmony effect to work, along with the multipads?  Or, must those features be recorded initially when the rhythm tracks were first created?  Seems like I can't get these features to work, except in real time while playing "live" with the ACMP.  My preference is to create the backing tracks first, then do the embellishments later as overdubs.  Thanks to anyone who can shed light on these concerns.
JLT

Offline Bill Grosse

Re: Need T2 assistance/advice
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 10:41:22 AM »
Larry,

One suggestion on the tuning.

Check [Function], [Master/Scale tuning], [Scale] lower Right Hand corner 'NO" check marks in any of the boxes.

This is the best I can come up with for now.

Regards,

Bill
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 11:50:58 AM »
Switch off keyboard. Hold down farthest right white key whilst switching on. This will initialise the Tyros to factory default.
T2 + NP30

J. Larry

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 11:57:21 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  I tried the re-initializing option to no avail.  I'll keep searching.  Been checking the manual and poking around.  For a while, I got Right 1 to play nicely in tune with the ACMP.  Don't know exactly what I did.  Then, all of a sudden, when you add R2, or R3, it plays out of tune big-time---like you're in a different key from the ACMP.  Really, it's unusable.  Hope I don't have a white elephant.

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 12:32:56 PM »
Man that is just plain scarry! :-o

If you have foot controllers hooked up, you might try unplugging them all to see what happens.

Bill

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 12:40:02 PM »
I read on another forum where a performer had a happening where the Tyros wouldn't make a sound
when he played it. He tried reset and every thing he could think of apparently to no avail.
This was just as he was about to perform live at a special function.

For no explainable reason, he tried off and back on again after a slight wait and it started working again.

I had a similar occurrence, but found the MIDI "A" button highlighted when I went to [Function], [MIDI].
Reset to MIDI ALL solved the problem. I don't remember setting that MIDI "A" as I never use that function.

I guess we tend to run scared with this new stuff until it's been operating for awhile. :wink:

Bill

Offline Joe W

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 05:28:29 PM »
I don't think there could be any ratonal instance when one voice played in one key and another voice in another key.  It's more likely that the keyboard is just bad - If reset hasn't fixed things - they need to give you a new keyboard.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 05:33:11 PM »
Joe,

I agree with what you are saying, but it is possible to set your keyboard up in such a manner
and therefore, something explainable must be happening here. But --- WHAT? :?

Taking it back may be the fastest way to find out.

Bill

Offline MBedesem

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 05:57:02 PM »
For what it is worth, I have encountered strange problems when I opened Cakewalk with the T2 on line. Sometime it just hangs, and sometimes I get the out of tune problem. I cannot pin point any specific action or cause to the out of tune problem (and it has not appeared for awhile).

A system and midi reset always corrects it; there is something going on that we do not understand. If possible, everyone should report when they encounter such problems and what they were doing immediately before.

Regards,

Michael
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 07:53:46 PM »
Could be Cakewalk just doesn't like the T-2.

No kidding!

Another T-2/Cakewalk user has lost half his MIDI input when a T-2 file is loaded into Cakewalk.

I don't have Cakewalk and can't try to duplicate the problem.

Bill

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 09:09:30 PM »
Unplug any and all MIDI cables that are connected and reset the Tyros2.

Then try it.

Tom G.
Tyros 4

Offline RF

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 11:57:22 AM »
Does pitch bend work correctly?
I received a board with damaged pitch bend wheel and the live parts were out of tune.
Kind regards
Ronny F
--------------
Yamaha PSR S 970 - Korg PA 900 and Micro Arranger (had Tyros 1/2),  Bose L1 compact,  HK Audio Lucas nano 300
I had Roland E50,  Technics KN 6000, Bohm Station 2, Wersi MK 1, Roland D 110, Yamaha YS 100

J. Larry

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 09:05:21 AM »
Yes, and the pitch bend does not work at all.  It does work with the foot pedal.

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 10:08:40 AM »
JLT,

I would take that thing back to the dealer - FAST!

Bill

J. Larry

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 02:34:51 PM »
I can't count how many keyboards I've had over the years with no problems to speak of.  Now, this.  Wouldn't you just know it!  And I had such great expectations for the T2.  I've tried all of the suggestions provided to no avail.  At the moment, it's in the hands of Yamaha techs.  Maybe they can come up with something.  The accompaniments play fine.  Left voice is in tune.  But, boy, you should hear R1,2,3,---either solo, or any combination when a style is playing.  Sounds like cacophony!

Offline RF

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 03:05:58 PM »
It seems to be a broken pitch bend wheel. Good that the service will care, hope they hurry up, in Germany it's not unusual to wait 4 weeks and more before I receive the keyboard back.
Kind regards
Ronny F
--------------
Yamaha PSR S 970 - Korg PA 900 and Micro Arranger (had Tyros 1/2),  Bose L1 compact,  HK Audio Lucas nano 300
I had Roland E50,  Technics KN 6000, Bohm Station 2, Wersi MK 1, Roland D 110, Yamaha YS 100

Offline juan antonio

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2015, 01:48:52 PM »
hello, I have a question as I remove all the file factory that brings the internal memory and replace the files tyros 2

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 03:15:11 PM »
Your question is not clear as to what you need help doing.

Try using a translate program ... like GOOGLE offers.

Offline juan antonio

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2015, 10:45:39 PM »
drakem apology I'm Spanish, I would like to format the root of the internal memory and reload the files

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2015, 12:29:16 AM »
drakem apology I'm Spanish, I would like to format the root of the internal memory and reload the files

Do you want to reset everything in the keyboard like it was when it came out of the box? Mind, whatever is in the user-memory will be deleted so better make a backup first before you reset.

Factory reset: hold down C6 = the highest white key while powering up the keyboard. That should bring it back to normal unless something is broken of course.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Offline juan antonio

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2015, 07:51:14 AM »
Reset factory, I did and the problem still sound crazy

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 07:54:51 AM »
I am not sure how to or if you can clear the internal memory on the T2 HD. I don't have the Tyros model, I have a PSR S950 kb.

But what is the problem you are trying to fix? Perhaps I (or someone else) can help you fix it.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:56:51 AM by DrakeM »

Offline juan antonio

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2015, 08:01:16 AM »
It turns out that a week ago all notes "sun" I misconfigured and occasionally or not sound, or make me weird sounds but other keys sound good to me. When I leave the keyboard turned off for a while seems to fix but after a while I go again.
Although I have not been repaired xk right now and met two years ... Go pu..da!
Not a single key because when it happens to me happens to several octaves at once ...

Someone something happened in some other keyboard?

Offline MBedesem

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2015, 08:01:31 AM »
The reset you did only changed your System Setup. To clear your internal drive use the Files & Folders Reset.

See the instruction on page 196 of the manual (attached).

Regards,

Michael
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline juan antonio

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2015, 08:07:50 AM »
without success