Author Topic: Styles #8 - Yamaha  (Read 39751 times)

Offline Joe W

Styles #8 - Yamaha
« on: November 07, 2014, 08:48:26 AM »
After six weeks of work, I have finally completed Styles #8.  This is an update to the earlier Styles #4, which included Yamaha preset styles from 15 keyboards.  This update is now expanded to 19 keyboards with 6,565 styles with at least 947 unique styles.  They are organized not only by keyboard, but also by Genre with style variations in category and style name folders.  It also includes Onacimus' conversions of Yamaha preset styles for the PSR-3000 as well as his conversions for the PSR-S910.  This is a style collection every Yamaha owner will want to have.

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/stylescd8.html
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: pchan

Offline bluekiwi

Re: Styles #8 - Yamaha
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 12:01:28 PM »
Joe, I have bought Styles #8 and paid by PayPal.
I must have missed the bit about delivery options
Can you please email to me, or is the file too big
Raewyn
Always take the rough with the smooth and life will be good
PSR s950
CVP 605

Offline Mikek703

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 12:51:34 PM »
Raewyn,

Joe will email you with links to download the styles.

Joe, thanks for your usual hard work on this collection. That's a lot of work -- and a lot of styles!
Regards,

Mike

Offline bluekiwi

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 01:15:36 PM »
Thank you Joe, I have received them safely....AMAZING....recommend to all the members
I am now in overload
Thanx Mike for your message
Raewyn :)
Always take the rough with the smooth and life will be good
PSR s950
CVP 605

The following users thanked this post: Joe W

Offline Joe W

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 01:45:24 PM »
Yes, Raewyn, I just saw your order and sent off the links.  I have found that most folks are comfortable downloading and unzipping files to get the collections immediately.  So, the basic price is set for the download option.  For those who do not want to be bothered with downloading/unzipping, or who are not so comfortable doing this, they can always add one of the USB drives to the order and all the files are then copied to the drive, unzipped and ready to use, and the drive is mailed out.  The costs of shipping and handling are included in the cost shown for the USB drive.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline John Plumridge

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 03:33:11 AM »
Joe a BIG THANKS , yet again.

IMO this package should be a must for all.

( by purchasing  YOU.....YOU & YES YOU would help to finance this fantastic website from which we all derive so much.)

Just the cross referencing and indexing of the style justify purchase of this pack.

Well done Joe

John
Tyros 3 & Tyros 5
My musical performances are better than they sound !

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 06:54:53 AM »
WOW!!!  :o What a great package this is.  8)

This is a really great package of styles organized in a manner that makes finding a specific style for a song, genre or mood far easier.

A big plus is that it helps Joe pay for this great place to gather with friends.   :)

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline RONBO

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 08:44:11 AM »
Joe,

Thanks for all the effort you put into this package.  The way you lined up all the styles from all the keyboards is brilliant.

I highly recommend this, and what a bargain at 30 bucks!!!!!

Regards,

Ron Jubenville

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 05:37:34 PM »
I agree with all the positive comments cited above about Styles #8.  Itís a great purchase.  Itís taking forever to get through all of them.

Offline Wally Z

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 09:04:53 AM »
Joe, I would prefer having #8 on USB but can't find where to order it.  Would you please send of post the link here?  I found where the download option is but need the USB version.  The link that shows all of your products shows $30 for #8 Styles but I think that's just for the download version as per your previous post.  What will be the cost for Styles #8 mailed to me on a USB Drive.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:15:22 AM by Wally Z »
Amateur- A person who engages in a study, sport, or other activity for pleasure rather than for financial benefit or professional reasons.
Here's some of my compositions.

Offline Joe W

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 12:22:57 PM »
You can find all of the available products page on the Orders > Products page:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

You are right that all the data collections, except the MP3 songs, are downloads.  For those who are uncomfortable downloading and unzipping, or who simply don't have the time, there are two USBs offered -- an 8GB or a 16GB USB drive.  They are the first group listed on that products page.  These are priced at $12 and $16 and, since the price includes the S&H, both are pretty good bargains.  If you include one of the USBs in your order then, in addition to sending the links, I also copy all the collections you have ordered onto the USB drive, unzipped and ready to use, and the drive is mailed out.  Simply add both the collection(s) and the USB drive to your shopping cart.  In the states, the drive usually arrives within a week.  It can take 10 days to 2 weeks to get to Europe.  An 8GB USB drive can hold a lot of information, in fact, all of the style collections could fit on a single 8GB USB drive.  So, for those ordering multiple collections, only one USB drive may be required.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline jgriffin

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 01:26:34 PM »
Hi Joe.....ordered the new Styles #8.  Thanks so very much for all the benefit I've personally received being a part of this wonderful group of people!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Janet
PSR Performer page
GENOS, Yamaha Baby Grand, (2) Motif ES8, Tyos 2, (2) Tyros 3, Tyros 5-76, DGX-650 & 660, Yamaha P140, StagePas 300 & 600, (2) Bose Compact, Yamaha AG06

Offline Joe W

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 01:36:18 PM »
Thanks, Janet.  Just saw your order and the styles are now in your inbox! 
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Wally Z

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 03:26:27 PM »
Thanks Joe.  I think I got it right. I just ordered the #8 Styles on the 8GB USB Drive.
Amateur- A person who engages in a study, sport, or other activity for pleasure rather than for financial benefit or professional reasons.
Here's some of my compositions.

Offline tyrosmusic5

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 10:23:22 AM »
Hi Joe

I have just placed an order for styles 8 & 7 on a USB stick and paid by PayPal.

Thanks for your hard work Joe  this is the best site and it and it keeps getting better.

Barry

Happyhacker

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 02:25:26 AM »
Are these styles compatible with PSR-E333? Most annoying thing though is that my keyboard seems only able to download one style at a time! Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 02:26:29 AM by Happyhacker »

Offline Joe W

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 11:12:42 AM »
Are these styles compatible with PSR-E333? Most annoying thing though is that my keyboard seems only able to download one style at a time! Thanks.

I have no experience with the E333 or any of the E-series keyboards.  You might ask this question in that forum.  These styles will go with the PSR, PSR-S, and Tyros models, but I would not think the E-series models.  You can easily test, by simply downloading any of the styles form the main site and testing them out on your keyboard.  With one of the recent PSR-S (or Tyros) models, you would be able to plug in a USB drive and, literally, tens of thousands of styles would be instantly available and would load just as fast as any of the internal preset styles that come with the keyboard.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline TerryGibson

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 01:54:53 PM »
Not totally clear given the comment 'for newer keyboards' whether or not these fit with Tyros 2
Terry

Offline Moontom

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 11:12:44 AM »
Hey Joe....

just placed an order to return my membership to "supporting member" status.....

looked like it went through but I'm still not able to d/l assets from the site! is there a step I missed?

thanks. nice to be back with a Yamaha arranger again!
TM

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2015, 11:34:11 AM »
Not totally clear given the comment 'for newer keyboards' whether or not these fit with Tyros 2
Terry

I just saw this post by Terry.

No, your T2 keyboard is not what is termed currently as a "Newer" keyboard. The "Newer" keyboards begin with the T3 and S910. The Newer keyboards use styles with the "newer" SFF2 format. However, there is free software to convert the "newer" styles back into the older SFF1 format.

Regards
Drake

UncannyMadman

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 07:18:21 AM »
Got my s770 today and have now ordered Styles 8! Hopefully i wont have too much trouble working out how to unzip stuff xD

Offline joshua777

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2017, 07:05:30 PM »
Can I please know where is the download link for all these styles at one place?

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 08:10:26 PM »
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline BIFF

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2017, 10:23:31 AM »
 :)  I received the new styles and have been playing along with them.  The styles are excellent as usual.  Thank you Joe for all of your work and time that you put into making up this package.   :)

Offline Joe W

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 11:36:27 AM »
This style collection is unique in several respects.  It includes preset styles from 19 Yamaha keyboards -- Tyros 1-5, for PSR-S910/S950, for PSR-2000/2100/3000, CVP 3/4/5/6. Styles are available by keyboard model and style category. For example, you will find the T5 Easy Listening style by stepping through these folders: Ykeyboard  > Tyros5 > Swing&Jazz > EasyListening T5.T153.prs,  Styles are also available by Genre.  That same file is also located following this folder sequence: YGenre > S&J-Ballad > EasyListening 72 > EasyListening T5.T153.prs.  That EasyListening Genre folder contains 16 versions of that style from 16 keyboards, each one a bit different, particularly in the OTS, from the others. An abbreviation for the source keyboard is included in the style name so it is easy to see where the style came from.

The Tyros3/4/5 and the PSR-S models should be able to play any of these styles.  Of course, the S970 keyboards won't recognize the 3rd right-hand voice in Tyros styles.  If you have an earlier keyboard, you won't be able to play the SFF2 styles directly, although they can be converted to SFF1 format.  You will, however, be able to play styles from all the earlier keyboards.

Speaking of conversions, this collection includes Onacimus' conversions for the 3000, which converts many of the SFF2 keyboard styles for use with the 3000, and his conversions for the S910, which converts styles for use with the S910.

If you like the styles that Yamaha creates for their keyboards, you will like this style collection.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: pchan

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 11:55:17 AM »
Very much appreciated, Joe W !😄

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Mjm

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 09:32:10 PM »
I have a psrs750. Will these styles work for my keyboard? Thanks.

Mark

Offline Joe W

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 10:07:50 AM »
I have a psrs750. Will these styles work for my keyboard? Thanks.

Mark
The S750 uses the new style format, so that it can read all the new styles AND read all the old styles.  That means that you can, for example, load any style from the PSR-3000 and it will sound great on your keyboard.  You will also be able to play the various Tyros styles.  The s750 only has 2 right-hand voices so it simply ignores the 3rd right-hand voice in the OTS settings.  If a style OTS references a voice that is not present in the S750, a default or no voice will show for Right1 or Right2.  However, you can easily put whatever voice you want into that OTS setting.

You might also consider Styles #10 for the PSR-S970/950.  All the styles there for the S950 should also work well for the S750 with an occasional OTS substitution.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Mjm

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 10:25:27 AM »
Thanks Joe,  I will be ordering soon. This is a great deal!

Regards,

Mark