Author Topic: MULTIPAD RECORDING PSR740  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Jeff Hollande

MULTIPAD RECORDING PSR740
« on: August 17, 2014, 10:11:51 PM »
Hi,

Can someone tell me how to  sync record multipads ?
Multipads cannot be recorded in the sequencer of the 740.

I am also an XGWorks and Sonar user.

Thanks and best regards, Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Joe H

Re: MULTIPAD RECORDING PSR740
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 07:47:53 AM »
Jeff,

Unless there is a vary special reason to record the MUlti Pads on the 740, (MIDI recorder or Multi Pad Creator) why not record them in any sequencer as a MIDI file then convert them to MPs using PadMaker-Midi.  Also you cannot Sync-Start Multi Pads on the 740, that feature first appeared on the T3

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 07:49:48 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 08:57:39 PM »
Thank you for your feedback, Joe !

Best regards, Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline fcc

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 03:49:47 AM »
Hi there,

on my PSR 740, I have the following issue creating Multi Pads using PadMaker-Midi: The produced .pad files - loaded into the 740 - always have the wrong timing, they will be played back too slow.

The reason seems to be that PadMaker-Midi always creates .pad files with PPQ (ticks per beat) of 1920, what seems to be standard for MIDI files, but Multi Pads of 740 are expected to have PPQ of 96 only and will be automatically treated as such. Even if I use as source for PadMaker-Midi a MIDI with PPQ 96 (e.g. one produced by manual recording in the 740 and saved to disk) it converts to PPQ 1920. You can already see this if you click on "Note view", so it happens as soon as you open the file.

Is there a way of fixing this? My current workaround is to use a small tool I found, called "midicopy.exe", which allows to change resolution. So I apply this to the output .pad file of PadMaker-Midi to change from 1920 to 96.

Thanks and regards
fcc