Author Topic: Yamaha StagePas 300 Speaker System  (Read 5921 times)

Razorcar

Yamaha StagePas 300 Speaker System
« on: June 09, 2005, 03:15:44 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I have not been taking part in the forum for a few months, because I had quadruple by-pass surgery. I'm feeling stronger every day and hope to get more involved again.

I wanted do share some info about the new Yamaha’s new STAGEPAS 300 Portable PA system with 2-way speakers & an 8-channel powered mixer, that is available.  I purchased it over the weekend and I think it is perfect for playing out. The sound is crisp and clear when I play my PSR3000 and KN7000. It comes with a detachable mixer that fits in the back of one speaker and can be mounted on a mic stand. You can get some handy options to add, like speaker stands and a carry case on wheels. They are a little more expensive than any of the Logictech systems, but I think they are more music oriented

Check them out at Yamaha.

You can also go to the Yamaha website and select:

What's New section.

Joe and Gary have you seen them yet. I did a search of the forum to see if any discussions had been done on them. I did not see any, but if you have discussed this already I'm sorry for the repeat.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 04:22:34 PM »
I have not heard them, but after reading some of the reports on the Synthzone a few months ago, I decided to go with the Bose PAS system, which is absolutely incredible.

Cheers,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

artkarl

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 05:22:45 PM »
What is the final price of Yamaha PA SYSTEM?

Razorcar

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 12:58:15 PM »
These are the list prices I've seen.

Qty 1    Yamaha StagePas 300 Speaker System -        $699.00
Qty 1    BMS10A Yamaha Mixer Stand Adapter   -   $24.99
Qty 1    Mic Stand - any brand -      $24.99
Qty 2    SS138B Yamaha Speaker stands-$70.00 each - $140.00
Qty 1    YBSP300 Yamaha Speaker Carry Case   -         $129.99

Total   $ 1018.97

My total cost was $822.00

artkarl

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 07:33:48 PM »
The price is reasonable. Do you think you need a separate subwoofer to increase the power if you have a bigger crowd in a banquet hall venue? Is there any slot for the subwoofer in the said amp mixer?

Razorcar

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 01:39:40 PM »
I do not see any specific inputs for a subwoofer, but they do have suprisingly good bass sound. The bass was strong when I heared them in the store.  I have not used them out in public yet, so I cannot tell you how large a room and crowd they are good to use.  The increased volume for both of my keyboards in very loud and clear thru this speaker system. You should find a dealer in your area to hear them for yourself.

bctines

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 11:16:40 PM »
I am pretty high on my Stagepas 300. Light weight, easy to tote around, better sound than any other portable PA, built like a tank, better price than just about anything comparable.

It's sound works well for us running guitar, voice, PSR3k, and a Keystation 88es through a Motif ES Rack. Cuts thorugh as a monitor system when we're on larger gigs with our full-out house PA. Very good on male vocals (baritone range), even with cruddy mics (which are not part of the StagePas system as sold now).

Its not perfect, but definitely worth a try. Works nicely in stereo mode with the PSR3k.

BC

Offline mark fernando

Re: Yamaha StagePas 300 Speaker System
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 03:45:39 PM »
Hi,

I am looking to buy a portable PA system for Yamaha PSR S950 for about 100- 150 indoor usage . Presently I play through M Audio studio monitors and sound is amazing & looking what PA system could produce similar sound. I heard several options and anybody could tell me which one of following is the best:
Yamaha stagepas 600
fender Passport
Bose L1 compact
PA speakers - Yamaha DBR or DXR

thanks

Mark

Offline panda

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 11:33:17 PM »
BEar in mind that most of these entry level speakers cant project the sound far. It may sound fine when you are 20 feet in front of it....but after 30 feet ... you will lose a lot of fidelity. BOSE L1 can project the sound a lot further.....and to enjoy that...you will need to pay a LOT more :-D
Less is More!.

Offline torben

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 12:17:22 AM »
I used to have Yamaha Stagepas 300 and was very content - until they broke down during a public performance because of oversteering (music was too lous too long). :( :D

I have switched to Yamaha Stagepas 600 and now eveything Works out fine. Really impressive loudspeakers! Lots of power...

Kind regards

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is Genos !

Offline grsale

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 06:13:02 PM »
If it still matters, I've been using my StagePas 300 for nearly five years, with no problems whatever.  As vocal PA's, they do just fine for small halls, plenty of volume.  For larger venues, I use a Yorkville M810 and appropriate monitors.  But I still really like, and use, the Yamaha StagePas system.