Author Topic: Can the reg button be used as loops ?  (Read 3057 times)

rbalaa

Can the reg button be used as loops ?
« on: December 15, 2012, 12:16:48 PM »
Hey,

I'm still new to psr world. Wondering if you can somehow use the reg buttons as triggers for a loop. For ex i record a drum beat using a kit and then trigger the beat or a chord as another example using the reg buttons.

Or can the above be done using pads ?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Can the reg button be used as loops ?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 12:29:21 PM »
Hey,

I'm still new to psr world. Wondering if you can somehow use the reg buttons as triggers for a loop. For ex i record a drum beat using a kit and then trigger the beat or a chord as another example using the reg buttons.

No. You use multipads for loops. Just turn repeat on in the mulitpad creator.

On newer keyboards like the T4, you can use a registration to load a multipad (which could be programmed to loop) synchronized to start when you play a left-hand chord.

Regards,
Fred.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:31:07 PM by Fred Smith »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

rbalaa

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 12:46:39 PM »
No. You use multipads for loops. Just turn repeat on in the mulitpad creator.

On newer keyboards like the T4, you can use a registration to load a multipad (which could be programmed to loop) synchronized to start when you play a left-hand chord.

Regards,
Fred.

While on the topic of T4, are the sounds created on there compatible on the lower end psr models ?

Offline MBedesem

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 04:07:43 PM »
Some of the sounds used in the top models do not exist in the earlier instruments. 

To make files compatible is non trivial. But if you know the PSR instrument that you are targeting, you can use the program MidiPlayer with Instrument = the target device and Voice = Panel   XG.  The conversion is automatic for the selected file (and you can do many at once using Batch). To see the voice changes, depress the Voice View button. To see all  modifications, depress the Fixes button. See:  http://www.psrtutorial.com/MB/midiplayer.html 

Hope this is of some assistance.

Regards,

Michael
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 08:17:31 PM »
As Fred has already said, what you want to do is best implemented as a multipad which has been set to repeat (loop).

Multipads can be memorised as part of a registration on a  PSR-2000, but the 'Synchro Start' function does not seem to be available on this keyboard.  So you could use a registration to load the multipad, but you would need to trigger it manually in time with the accompaniment.

Regards

Ian

rbalaa

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 09:33:06 PM »
Ok I see. Thanks ! :)