Author Topic: EXTERNAL LCD FOR PSR ?  (Read 12218 times)

thushara518

EXTERNAL LCD FOR PSR ?
« on: September 23, 2011, 01:11:30 AM »

Hi,

CAN WE USE AN EXTERNAL LCD SCREEN FOR PSR-2100?

IF YES, THEN HOW?

thushara518@yahoo.com

Offline RF

Re: EXTERNAL LCD FOR PSR ?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 05:28:22 AM »
Oh, you are pretty loud ;-)
OK, the only Yamahas with LCD out, are PSR 9000, 9000 pro and Tyros series.
The only way, to use external LCD is
- try to get a PSR 9000 or 9000 pro on eBay (or maybe a Tyros 1) and to sell your 2100
- buy a small LCD TV or LCD monitor with video in (cinch).
- don't forget before selling the 2100 to store all it's factory styles you need, so you can continue using it on your new keyboard
Kind regards
Ronny F
--------------
Yamaha PSR S 970 - Korg PA 900 and Micro Arranger (had Tyros 1/2),  Bose L1 compact,  HK Audio Lucas nano 300
I had Roland E50,  Technics KN 6000, Bohm Station 2, Wersi MK 1, Roland D 110, Yamaha YS 100

tnicoson

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 03:06:09 PM »

thushara

If you take Ronny's suggestion and can find a PSR-3000 in good condition for a reasonable price, it also has a video out connection that will connect to any TV or monitor (CRT or LCD) that takes an RCA video (not 15 pin RGB) connection.

Regards,

Ted

thushara518

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 11:10:50 PM »
Oh, you are pretty loud ;-)
OK, the only Yamahas with LCD out, are PSR 9000, 9000 pro and Tyros series.
The only way, to use external LCD is
- try to get a PSR 9000 or 9000 pro on eBay (or maybe a Tyros 1) and to sell your 2100
- buy a small LCD TV or LCD monitor with video in (cinch).
- don't forget before selling the 2100 to store all it's factory styles you need, so you can continue using it on your new keyboard

Hi Ronny F,

My English is not really good... any way thanks for reply me... and your advice... but at the moment I have no idea to sell my 2100 as i love it and it treats me very well...

what is the market price of PSR-9000 or 3000... how can i buy things from eBay? i am from Sri Lanka i am new to internet buying and selling...

thushara518

thushara518

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 11:13:52 PM »
thushara

If you take Ronny's suggestion and can find a PSR-3000 in good condition for a reasonable price, it also has a video out connection that will connect to any TV or monitor (CRT or LCD) that takes an RCA video (not 15 pin RGB) connection.

Regards,

Ted

Hi Ted,

thanks for reply me... and your advice...

what is the market price of PSR-9000 or 3000... how can i buy things from eBay? i am from Sri Lanka i am new to internet buying and selling...

thushara518

tnicoson

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 09:03:17 AM »

thushara

You will find eBay here: http://www.ebay.com/?ssPageName=ADME:B:TB1:US:1

Once you get there, do a search on music keyboards or Yamaha or PSR-9000 or PSR-3000 etc.  If there are any available,that will give an idea on prices.  If you find something you like, you can set up an account to handle payment, currency exchange, etc.

Are you doing this because your current PSR-2100 LCD is defective or because you just want a larger display ?

Regards,

Ted

Offline Joe H

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 12:05:07 PM »
et al,

I think PSR 3000 in good condition will go for around $800 USD on eBay.

The PSR S910 also has an RCA composite video output jack. I bought a "composite video to VGA video" converter on eBay for $30 USD. It allows you to use a standard computer monitor to display the S910 main screen or just lyrics if you choose that setting.

The box comes with power supply and all the cables you need.  Color, Hue, Brightness and Contrast of the video output can be adjusted to suit your tastes.  It's a good alternative to using a TV as an external monitor. I use a 15" Trinitron monitor. The output resolution of the S910 video is only 640 x 480 so using by using a smaller monitor, the screen looks pretty good.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

thushara518

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 11:26:51 PM »
thushara

You will find eBay here: http://www.ebay.com/?ssPageName=ADME:B:TB1:US:1

Once you get there, do a search on music keyboards or Yamaha or PSR-9000 or PSR-3000 etc.  If there are any available,that will give an idea on prices.  If you find something you like, you can set up an account to handle payment, currency exchange, etc.

Are you doing this because your current PSR-2100 LCD is defective or because you just want a larger display ?

Regards,

Ted

actually my 2100 has no any defects... at the moments its working perfectly... but i heard some people say the LCDs of some models will dead after few years. i think this model also older than 10 years now..

so i am looking for a solution as a secondary option for if i had to face the same problem. because replace the LCD is very costly...

thanks

thushara518

tnicoson

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 12:53:31 PM »
thushara

You are facing a dilemma that I think most of us owners of older equipment have to deal with, particularly if we lack the physical and/or financial means to easily replace it.  For some reason, I get the feeling that that includes most musicians.  I think we have to learn to accept the reality of future possibilities while not becoming overly concerned to the point that it spoils our enjoyment of the present, but then that applies to just about every aspect of life.  Also, do not let the problem Yamaha had with the LCD on the PSR-S900 affect your concerns over the PSR-2100.  That was a particular manufacturing problem on a particular model, and they dealt with it as best they could.

One thing you might want to consider - unless you can afford to buy into the much newer boards, you may be buying a board that is already, or soon to be, in the same condition as your current board.  In that case, it might be better to spend that money (when/if necessary) on a replacement LCD for your current board.  All other things being equal, at least you know you are getting a brand new LCD that should last you for quite a few more years.  Probably the next most likely thing to wear out on your PRS-2100 are the rubber strips under the keys.  It is not an easy task, but you can replace those yourself without too much expense.  If you are really concerned about the LCD in your PSR-2100, I am thoroughly convinced that the number one danger to them and the other electronic circuits is physical vibration from the internal speakers.  Don't overdrive them, or better yet, invest in a small stereo amp and a couple of external speakers, and get that vibration off the board all together.  Also, do not subject it to temperature extremes at either end of the thermometer.

Good luck and enjoy that PSR-2100 !

Regards,

Ted
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 01:03:37 PM by tnicoson »

thushara518

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 10:51:30 PM »
thushara

You are facing a dilemma that I think most of us owners of older equipment have to deal with, particularly if we lack the physical and/or financial means to easily replace it.  For some reason, I get the feeling that that includes most musicians.  I think we have to learn to accept the reality of future possibilities while not becoming overly concerned to the point that it spoils our enjoyment of the present, but then that applies to just about every aspect of life.  Also, do not let the problem Yamaha had with the LCD on the PSR-S900 affect your concerns over the PSR-2100.  That was a particular manufacturing problem on a particular model, and they dealt with it as best they could.

One thing you might want to consider - unless you can afford to buy into the much newer boards, you may be buying a board that is already, or soon to be, in the same condition as your current board.  In that case, it might be better to spend that money (when/if necessary) on a replacement LCD for your current board.  All other things being equal, at least you know you are getting a brand new LCD that should last you for quite a few more years.  Probably the next most likely thing to wear out on your PRS-2100 are the rubber strips under the keys.  It is not an easy task, but you can replace those yourself without too much expense.  If you are really concerned about the LCD in your PSR-2100, I am thoroughly convinced that the number one danger to them and the other electronic circuits is physical vibration from the internal speakers.  Don't overdrive them, or better yet, invest in a small stereo amp and a couple of external speakers, and get that vibration off the board all together.  Also, do not subject it to temperature extremes at either end of the thermometer.

Good luck and enjoy that PSR-2100 !

Regards,

Ted

Thanks Ted,

I really appreciate your kind advice...

thushara518