Heiko Plate, webmaster of hpmusic, has created a number of programs that have become very popular in the Yamaha community. Many of these are summarized in the table below. If you visit his web site, you will also find a number of articles, tips and tricks, and songs that you can read or download. Information on the site is available in German and English.
Click on any program name to go to Heiko's site for a more detailed description and to download the program. Click on the screen-shot to see a larger image.
PSR Utility (PSRUTI) is a tool to tune midifiles of the standard formats SMF0 and SMF1 to be used at Yamaha XG/XF synthesizers, in particular keyboards. The program performs most of the standard functions of sequencers in a more easy way. All special features of Yamaha XG and XF are considered contrary to manufacturer independant software programs. Current release: Version 8.7 (13 Jan 2013).
Registration Editor (PSRREG) manages archives of Yamaha keyboard registration files and works with PSR-740, PSR-2000, CVP-200 Series, PSR-8000, PSR-9000, 9000Pro and Tyros BACKUP-archives. Functions of PSRREG include:
- Displaying the properties of registrations on screen.
- Generating a file showing the properties of all registrations in an archive, including title, style, bank-numbers, place-numbers, tempo and voices. The program can create html (.htm) or text (.txt) files.
- Generating individual files for each separate registration in an archive. Registrations are displayed in alphabetical order, giving the performer an opportunity to create a sorted list of all songs in the repertoire.
- Copying registrations from a source archive or set of registration files to a selected position of an existing or empty destination archive.
- Renaming archives, banks and registrations.
- Creating new archives.
PSR MIDI Properties
PSR MIDI Properties (PSRMIDI) is a tool that scans Yamaha GM, GM2, XG and XF MIDI files (format 0 or 1), Yamaha style files, and Cakewalk XG-SysEx bank files. The program displays a description of all elementary midi events. It was developed to understand the makeup of songs that are produced by Yamaha keyboards with special XG SysEx commands and voices, but it can also be applied to other XG, GM and GM2 MIDI files. Different properties can be selected by filters.
Cakewalk Instrument Definitions (CW Ins-Files) for YAMAHA PSR-8000, PSR-9000, Tyros, Tyros2, Tyros3, Tyros4, PRS-S700 and PSR-S900.
Cakewalk StudioWare Panel Software (CW Studioware). The plugin-software "StudioWare Panels" for Cakewalk/Sonar are graphical user interfaces (GUI) to be loaded with the sequencer-programs Cakewalk or Sonar.
Visits since 1/1/13.
This page updated on March 26, 2013 .