PSR Tutorial Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 08:19:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
PSR Tutorial "Home" Page
143,072 Posts in 20,128 Topics by 4,462 Members
Latest Member: LEOPSR3K
* Home Help Login Register
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Tyros Keyboards  |  Tyros 3 (Moderator: MBedesem)  |  Topic: Tyros 3 Premium Styles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tyros 3 Premium Styles  (Read 3673 times)
y2vikram
Assoc Member

« on: June 12, 2009, 07:58:36 AM »

Hey its me again,

Has anyone bought Tyros 3 premium Styles? They are selling them for $7.00 approx per style.. Don't you guys think that expensive?

I would love to create my own by using Megavoice technology but there is no tutorial or anything for creating styles and that's why Yamaha might be selling them.

If anyone have Styles with megavoices then please share it with the community.

Thanks

Vikram
manuel
Assoc Member

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 01:41:55 PM »

Hi:

The price on the styles is fair considering the INCREDIBLE work that goes on them, I just finish making styles for Korg, and let me explain it more or less.
Basically there are 2 parts,
1.- The creativity on the idea in how the style is going to sound, orchestration, tempo etc. if it is ethic to RESPECT the natural musical phrasing, etc.
2.- the technical and huge amount of time to DETAIL the style in EACH part  like the Bass, Chord1, chord2, Phrase1, Phrase2, Drum1, etc.
Most manufactures, like Yamaha, Ketron and Roland, if you want to create "Factory style" quality, is require to use a "special" software, property of each of the manufacturers, and mostly use ONLY by those designers, the ONLY brand that I know until now, Korg allows you to make factory quality styles WITHOUT that special software, what is a most in ANY case, is to use a PC Sequencer like Sonar, CUbase, etc... 
Now that I have been in both sides, I have became aware of all the work that involves to make a GOOD style, that is why i said that at that price, is very fair.
mikf
Global Moderator

PSR 3000 : Yamaha CP33 : Shigeru Grand

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 04:37:17 PM »

Manuel is 100% correct. Original style creation is one of most complicated things to do and a great deal of work. But the work is only a small part of the reason - when you make a style you are creating an arrangement, and arrangers are among the most talented of musicians. In the case of the arranger keyboard its even more difficult than a normal single tune arrangement, because you have to make it in one chord and then predict how it will react to chord changes, minor keys etc etc, and you have to create 4 variations, three intros, three endings and, breaks. For most people all they can aspire to at home is editing existing styles.   
Having said all that, it is only worth something if you like it and will use it. I have tried some of the Yamaha premium styles and they are good styles, but not blow you away good compared to the hundreds already out there. When you already have 3000 styles, whats another dozen!!   
Mike
Afton72
Supporter

Tallangatta, Australia.

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 08:45:09 PM »

Vikram,      Have you tried recording your own styles,  as per top of this page/ Lessons/Styles/Personalize/Creating New Styles/ Recording your own styles/ Simon Smith's lesson on styles.     
  Worth a look, if you have time,  but I can't do it. 
Good luck if you try.
  Cheers,    Alan
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 08:48:25 PM by Afton69 » Logged
EileenL
Tyros 5 Plus Stage Pass 300 S950.
PSR Performer

Essex UK

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 06:45:52 AM »

The IDC styles coming along for Tyros 3 are excelent and well worth the money.They work out to just over 4 in UK and what is that to pay for a very good style
   Eileen

djanyway48
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 04:41:33 PM »

can the t3 do Vocal Harmony?
RF

Keyboards: Tyros 2 and Korg Micro Arranger

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 09:01:53 AM »

Hey its me again,

Has anyone bought Tyros 3 premium Styles? They are selling them for $7.00 approx per style.. Don't you guys think that expensive?
In Germany it's not unusual to pay 6 to 8 EUR for a style. Some years before, they sold the styles as packs in a box, you could buy 16 styles and MIDI files for 50 EUR or maybe 10 styles for 28 EUR. Great was, that "Styles and music" (now d-o-o) offered for 14 EUR two floppy disks containing style data for many keyboard brands and MIDI files. And this for 4 songs. Today you would pay 12 EUR if you want one song as style and MIDI file for one brand.
Well, one can't turn back time before the style companies began to recognize, that their price were too low.
Usually, the styles made by Yamaha are very good to excellent, give them a chance.

can the t3 do Vocal Harmony?
Depends, what you mean with "can". I prefer to use a TC Helicon instead and have doubts, that Tyros 3's vocal harmony is much better, than known from Tyros 1 and 2.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 09:05:41 AM by RF » Logged

Kind regards
Ronny F
EileenL
PSR Performer

Essex UK

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 01:40:47 PM »

Yes Tyros 3 has Vocal Harmony on it and provided you set it up to suit your voice works quite well.

Barry
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 09:49:23 AM »

I woild like to have the styles but would like to Try before I buy. Some sort of demo would be good.
Barry
aprilla
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 01:40:13 PM »

I think $7 is excellent value IF it is a style that will be used, and just that bit too much to take a chance on. I agree with the try before buy, if that was a possibility... and no doubt it is
EileenL
PSR Performer

Essex UK

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »

You can of coarse prview these styles before you buy
   Eileen

DrakeM

PSR-S950

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 08:54:56 AM »

I don't have a T3 yet (i can dream though).

But the premium styles for the $7 is a bit much. I am only going to tear the thing apart to build my on custom style.

There are a thousand different drum patterns to make any thing you really want. I can make my own Bass, Piano and String section licks. What I would like to see are more Steel Guitar licks and country guitar licks which simulate the bending of the guitar strings.Now that I would pay extra for.

seaside

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 03:57:06 PM »

In the UK One style from IDC cost  less than 2 pints of beer in a pub,therefore it pays to buy one,to stay in for an hour -seaside

Terry
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
PSR Tutorial Forum  |  Tyros Keyboards  |  Tyros 3 (Moderator: MBedesem)  |  Topic: Tyros 3 Premium Styles « previous next »
Jump to: