Author Topic: Style tempo changes even when freezed.  (Read 971 times)

Offline tyrosguy85

Style tempo changes even when freezed.
« on: December 05, 2022, 03:47:55 PM »
Hi all,
I have the style and tempo ticked in the freeze button section but today went from one style to another and the tempo changed. What haven't I done?
Cheers
John.

Offline tyrosguy85

Re: Style tempo changes even when freezed.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 04:05:38 PM »
Silly me, All sorted!

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 04:16:35 PM »
Hi John,

When "Tempo" is ticked in the Freeze settings and the Freeze button is on, this only will take effect when changing Registrations but not when changing Styles directly.

I recommend the following: Go to "Menu > Style Settings" and set the parameter "Change Behavior > Tempo" from "Reset" to "Hold".  Then the  current Tempo is retained when you call up a new Style while the accompaniment is RUNNING.

This setting (Hold) is particularly suitable for searching a suitable style for a specific song title at a given tempo. And in contrast to the "Lock" setting described below, you can also leave "Hold" permanently activated, since when the accompaniment is stopped, its default tempo is called up when you call up a new style.

You can also use "Lock" instead. Then the current style tempo is retained even if you call up a new style when the accompaniment is STOPPED.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 04:29:42 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, tyrosguy85, vanzee, Pityus

Offline tyrosguy85

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 06:45:05 PM »
Hi Chris,
On checking my Tyros 4 settings I had forgotten to do this on my sx900!
All sorted now.
Cheers for the help.
John.