Author Topic: PSR SX700 Choir and Vocals  (Read 1540 times)

PSR SX700 Choir and Vocals
« on: December 05, 2022, 08:30:22 AM »
Hi all, just bought an SX700, very pleased. I did the usual going to the Yamaha Musicsoft site to download the expansion packs and found that the Choir and vocals is only for Genos and Tyros, I downloaded but it would not install to my keyboard. My favourite style is in this pack. Is there a work around?
Yamaha Genos 1

Offline Lacko

Re: PSR SX700 Choir and Vocals
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 08:37:13 AM »
Some good choirs and vocals for SX700 you can find at cms-sounddesign.de.

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 10:12:41 AM »
Some good choirs and vocals for SX700 you can find at cms-sounddesign.de.

Hi vintagehomer,

The site mentioned by Lacko has changed to "cms-sounddesign.com" some time ago. Here is a link to the freeware "Choir" Expansion Voices (.ppf format):
>>> https://cms-sounddesign.com/freeware/choir-freeware/

By the way, the CMS freeware packs can no longer be downloaded directly (as was previously the case), but you first have to register for free. For the packs you want, click on the "Add to Basket" button and complete the "purchase" for 0.00 euros. Some time later you will receive an email with the download link(s).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 10:50:23 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 10:47:00 AM »
Hi all, just bought an SX700, very pleased. I did the usual going to the Yamaha Musicsoft site to download the expansion packs and found that the Choir and vocals is only for Genos and Tyros, I downloaded but it would not install to my keyboard. My favourite style is in this pack. Is there a work around?

Hi Vintagehomer,

"Choir & Vocals" is a so called "Premium Pack" and only available for Tyros5 and Genos. The pack is only available in protected .cpf format for the models mentioned and therefore cannot be installed on other models.

You can download the styles of ALL free Genos Expansion Packs from the box.com link in the following post kindly provided by our forum member Casper (ckobu) a while ago:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,60996.msg468785.html#msg468785

Note: These are Genos styles. They can basically be used on the SX700, but you will have to revoice some style parts if the original Voices are not present on the SX700.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 10:48:27 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, motifes

Offline Lacko

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 12:27:12 PM »
You can find some very good choir voices on dynamix-audio.com page.