Author Topic: ERROR Message Tyros 5 Copy REG Files to USER USB drive HELP..  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Dnj

ERROR Message Tyros 5 Copy REG Files to USER USB drive HELP..
« on: December 04, 2022, 09:54:32 PM »
Hi everyone,
first off Happy Holidays to all. I just sold my SX700,
I saved ALL my REG files & User Styles to a 128G USB thumb drive............
Now I acquired a nice Tyros 5. Here is my dilemma....
I put the USB into the T5. Selected the saved REG files, hit COPY ALL,..
tabbed over to HD1 & pressed paste and I get this error message shown in attached picture
"DATA HAS NOT BEEN LOADED PROPERLY"  I had no problem copying and pasting the styles into HD1,
But I cannot figure out or I forgot the correct procedure to load the REG files??
I would appreciate it if anyone could guide me thu it, what am I doing wrong?? I've done this so many times on other Yamaha PSR keyboards with no problems,..
I feel so ignorant or maybe I'm getting old :-\
Everything loaded and played perfectly in the SX700....?

Thank you All for any Help.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 01:53:36 PM by Dnj »

Offline RONBO

Re: Tyros 5 Copy to USER or HD1 REG Files from USB HELP..
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 10:13:03 PM »
probably because registrations are keyboard specific

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline Dnj

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 10:16:37 PM »
 Thank RONBO you for the reply....

I hope that is not the case and I have to do all the registration songs all over again from scratch???😮
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 10:27:00 PM by Dnj »

Offline RONBO

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 10:18:49 PM »
you may want to change the regs using Murray Best's program.There you can do a batch conversion, if it comes to that

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Offline Dnj

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 10:27:52 PM »
you may want to change the regs using Murray Best's program.
There you can do a batch conversion, if it comes to that
regards
Ron

Has anyone had this same Tyros REG conversion from other Yamaha keyboard problem as I described, and would this Murray Berst program fix it or?

« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 10:31:53 PM by Dnj »

Offline RONBO

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 10:32:08 PM »
Yes, if you go to this site's home page, click on UTILITIES and scroll down to Murray Best

Regards

Ron

Proud Genos2 owner

Offline EileenL

Re: Tyros 5 Copy REG Files to USER or HD1 from a USB drive HELP..
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2022, 12:31:29 PM »
You can't use registrations from a newer keyboard in an older one. I can't use my SX900 in my Genos because the SX is newer. Styles are different as you can use those in any Yamaha keyboard, but you may have to tweak them a little.

Offline Dnj

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2022, 01:46:55 PM »
You can't use registrations from a newer keyboard in an older one. I can't use my SX900 in my Genos because the SX is newer. Styles are different as you can use those in any Yamaha keyboard, but you may have to tweak them a little.

Eileen thank you for the information I was afraid of this...... oddly I tried REG files from older keyboards like the PSR3000 etc and still the errror message comes up?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 02:13:59 PM by Dnj »

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2022, 02:27:30 PM »
Eileen thank you for the information I was afraid of this...... oddly I tried REG files from older keyboards like the PSR3000 etc and still the errror message comes up?

At the start registrations were keyboard specific. Regs made on one keyboard, like the 3000, would not work on any other. Fir later keyboards, Yamaha recognized the value of allowing people to upgrade more easily, so keyboards like the Genos could read regs made on a Tyros 4 or 5.

Fortunately, Murray Best has come to our rescue and written a program which will convert from one keyboard to another. Rather than worry about which regs work where, just use his program to convert yours.

We’re very lucky to have Murray’s program. It’s too bad not enough people recognize the value of all his hard work.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Dnj

Fred this is a sigh of relief....... I will certainly give Murray's program a try for sure to fix my problem my fingers are crossed...I will circle back with results ..

Thanx

Offline Dnj

Update.... Trying to download Murray's Best program but having much difficulty, after i download & open the program it only shows choices, modify, repair, uninstall? The Next button is not highlighted so I cannot continue to install can anyone help please?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 10:10:36 PM by Dnj »

Offline Bill

Please see instructions listed below. The program does not work with MAC Computers.

Click here for V 5.11 of the Yamaha Registration Manager. Complete English documentation is included in a pdf file.

For Genos 2.0, SX900 and SX700 a revision of the program is available at the following link:

http://bit.ly/YRMSpecial

If you are already using version 5.1.1, follow the instructions in the included text file.

If you are new to YRM, install version 5.1.1 first, then update with this file.  This update has been created specifically for Genos 2.0 and the new SX keyboards so that YRM can deal with a new and different file header record.
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Dnj

Hi Bill please excuse my ignorance.......but I cannot find a download link to install version 5.1.1 ??
I need to do this first before I can download the updated V 5.11....
can anyone help or guide me to it I don't see it on the PSR Utility Murray Best page anywhere??
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 10:29:11 PM by Dnj »

Offline Bill

Towards the bottom of the page you will see the “Yamaha Registration Manager” is in BLUE.

This is the link simply tap on it.

Regards

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline overover

Update.... Trying to download Murray's Best program but having much difficulty, after i download & open the program it only shows choices, modify, repair, uninstall? The Next button is not highlighted so I cannot continue to install can anyone help please?

Hi Dnj,

First of all, YRM V5.11 and V5.1.1 mean the same version.

In any case, YRM V5.1.1 (sometimes also called V5.11) must be installed first. This version has a normal Windows installer. Here is the direct link to download the installer file "YRMsetup511A.msi":
>>> http://bit.ly/YRM511

If only the options "Modify", "Repair" and "Uninstall" appear when starting the installer file, this means that the YRM program is already installed on your PC. Please check if there is a "Yamaha Registration Manager" link on your Windows desktop. The link can also be found in the "RegManager5" folder in the Windows Start Menu. To be on the safe side, you can also click "Uninstall" first and then start the installer again after the uninstallation is complete to have a clean basic installation.

However, version 5.1.1 is not compatible with Genos V2.0 and PSR-SX models. That's why the update to "YRM Special" is available. Note: This update has NO Windows installer, the zip file only has to be unpacked on the PC, and the two files "MidiServices.dll" and "YamahaRegistrationManager.exe" contained must now be copied into the YRM Program folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\MBestSoft\RegManager5"-

Then please confirm the overwriting of the two previous files with the same name with Yes.
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Attention: There is also an update to the newer version 5.2.4, which can be downloaded here:
>>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1shDANhsxIA_ymyzqKUvuaou91Np346Dx/view

So I recommend installing THIS update. The procedure is the same as described above for the "YRM Special" update, so simply copy the two files included into the YRM Program folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\MBestSoft\RegManager5". (The update V5.2.4 can of course also be done directly after the basic installation (V5.1.1), i.e. the "YRM Special" update can also be omitted.)

After a successful update to the new version, "Version 5.2.4" should appear in the main window after starting the YRM (via the corresponding desktop or start menu link). Also see the attached screenshot.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 12:51:15 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Dnj

Chris overover.....
I don't know how to thank you & the other members for your help with this problem I was having. I followed your instructions and with this amazing Murray Best program I was able to do a REG batch conversion and load them into the Tyros5 76 HD1... all my named REG files loaded with song names that alone saved me Hours of Editing from scratch!!!...... all I have to do now is link & select my styles in the HD1 user to the appropriate REG songs again & save them in memory.... that will save me hours of editing also. I wish I could buy you & Murray a beer and give you guys a big HUG too. Hopefully in the days to come I will have my Tyros 5 76 all ready again & I can continue adding new songs from that point forward. 8)

Merry Christmas to All

Online Fred Smith

Chris overover.....
I don't know how to thank you & the other members for your help with this problem I was having. I followed your instructions and with this amazing Murray Best program I was able to do a REG batch conversion and load them into the Tyros5 76 HD1... all my named REG files loaded with song names that alone saved me Hours of Editing from scratch!!!...... all I have to do now is link & select my styles in the HD1 user to the appropriate REG songs again & save them in memory.... that will save me hours of editing also. I wish I could buy you & Murray a beer and give you guys a big HUG too. Hopefully in the days to come I will have my Tyros 5 76 all ready again & I can continue adding new songs from that point forward. 8)

YRM can do the relink in batch mode as well. Just tell it the new address for your files (eg, Drive E).

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Dnj

Yes Fred
 I am using batch mode too great time saver.

Thanx